Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

nonstop package cache error. why.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zeropointblack, Jan 18, 2021.

1. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

title.

edit: sorry cant spend 20 minutes to an hour documenting it for free i dont work for unity. im working on a game, and trying to fix tons of other problems.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If you want help with the error, you'll have to post the specific error. But the package cache I believe is in the library folder. You can close Unity and delete the library folder, or anything within it, and it will be automatically regenerated when you next open the project. That's an easy way to resolve most issues within the library folder.

3. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

package cache error 1.png package cache error 2.png

look, a new one.

the library was rebuilt when unity updated versions. are you saying delete and rebuilt library again?

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

That was my suggestion in the previous post, but that was because you said you were getting errors with the package cache. Your screen shots show 2 warnings and 0 errors.

All it is telling you is something in your project is unexpectedly altering DefaultLookDevProfile.asset, and the package manager then has to rebuild the package cache. Rebuilding the package cache probably just takes a few seconds unless you're using a really old computer. I'm not using the HDRP in any projects right now, so I don't know if this is typical behavior, but unless you are running into some other related problem from this I'd just ignore it.

5. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

hm. what is lookdev, can i safely remove it?

i never had this error before upgrading from 2019 to 2020.

6. truefx001

truefx001

Like the previous poster said it's not an ERROR just a warning, ignore it and move on with your project