Search Unity

Non-VR and VR application build

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Chefty, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Chefty

Chefty

Greetings to everyone,

I currently having issues to build one app in both VR and Non-VR mode.
    I have to switch between Oculus (GearVr), Google VR (Daydream) and flat android.

The main problem is when I build the app on Samsung smartphone:
    Since I can't disable "Virtual Reality Supported" in the player settings (GVR/Oculus cameras in the scene) I just select none in VR SDK's.
    Anyway, the phone start the app as a GearVR one and not as a simple flat android app.
    This approach works fine on Google smartphone so I think something is going wrong with Samsung ones.

I hope my post is clear enough.

Regards,

FC

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Due to an issue with the OS integration to support Gear VR you can not, at this time, target both Gear VR and any other VR system. The only way to support this scenario currently is to create two separate builds of your application, one targeting just Gear VR and one targeting any other VR systems you wish to target.

Oculus and Samsung are working to resolve this issue but I have no ETA or other information on when this will be completed.

3. Chefty

Chefty

Thank you for the quick reply @joejo.

I know I need to do new a build for every VR device I target. So far I'm able to build for Daydream and Clear VR just by switching the VR SDK's.
    My problem come when I want to build this same app as a flat android version.
    Why does my app start as a Gear VR one even if I select only the none option in the VR SDK's ? (I get the "insert the device into your Gear VR" windows.)

Cheers,

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  4. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

@Chefty If you have Gear VR in the list, it will automatically override every other option in the list currently. Gear VR does not support switching in and out of VR mode. Oculus are working on support for this, but it is not currently available and they don't have a expected date unfortunately. If you are trying to build a flat android app with no VR enabled, disabling Virtual Reality Supported is the best way.

Chefty likes this.
  5. Chefty

Chefty

I see, thank you for the support.

Hope this will be possible in the upcoming versions.

Cheers,