Search Unity

Question Non-gaming uses of UGS

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Anpu23, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Anpu23

Anpu23

Hi all I build offices, entertainment spaces and retail stores for VR interaction. I am looking for more information on non-gaming uses for the UGS architecture, especially webhosting for web3 constructs.

I know that it's a new focus for UGS and I can't find many details on how the service works, what format the builds need to be in and other technical details. Is there a tutorial, forum, information source or other resource I am missing?

Thanks

Julian-Unity3D likes this.
  2. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

Hey @Anpu23
    That sounds awesome.
    Check this out: Introduction to Unity Gaming Services

3. Anpu23

Anpu23

Thanks for the reply, it still doesn't answer some of my core questions:

• When building what format should I use, I've never built in the cloud before, but certainly you must declare format for various plugins.
    • Much of what I build is voice to text and text to voice, how does this work in UGS? My workflow is voice to text, into an AI logic ladder, output is then converted from text to voice, that voice then animates a ragdoll. This creates a smart chatbot that can interact with the user in a very natural way, emotes are built into the logic tree as are other triggers such as buying as product.
    • What are my storage limits? Chatbots are data heavy, add into that very realistic ragdolls, texture rich environments and possible product data it adds up quickly
    • How would I direct a user from outside of the system to the portal, can I create a portal from a regular website, or is there a link and directory system that can be utilized? How is that envisioned for E-commerce?
    Up until now I have been building in WebGL and have ran across server limits, and bandwidth issues. I'm certainly intrigued but want a lot more information, and Unity instructions suck. They're walls of self referential texts that aren't usable.