Search Unity

Question Noise and frame loss issues in the camera of the Starter Assets [Third Person] package

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by danielribeirodev, May 6, 2023.

1. danielribeirodev

danielribeirodev

I'm using the camera configuration from the Starter Assets [Third Person] package. I've noticed that at times, there is noticeable noise, especially when looking at the corners of geometric shapes. It seems like the camera is dropping frames. The Update Mode of the New Input System is already set to Dynamic, player movements happen in Update(), and the camera updates in LateUpdate(). The CinemachineBrain is configured in SmartUpdate (I haven't made any modifications here, except for attempting to interpolate camera rotation for smoother movement, but without success). What can I do to make the camera smooth, without sudden stuttering during gameplay? (One more thing, the issue persists in builds as well, not just in the editor, and it's even more noticeable when moving diagonally [pressing A and W or D and W simultaneously] while adjusting the camera.)

Note: I've come across similar questions from other developers, but I haven't found a solution to the problem.