Search Unity

NoEntryPointFoundException when trying to use native plugin on hololens

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Maverick283, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Maverick283

Maverick283

Dear all,

I've tried to include a native plugin on the hololens.

For starters, I wanted to use the example project provided by unity here and deploy it on the hololens.
    For that to work, I imported the Mixed Reality Toolkit, applied the "Mixed Reality Project Settings" (Target UWP, Enable XR, Build for Direct3D, Enable .Net and Set Default Spatial Mapping Layer) and added the Hololens Camera Prefab to the scene.
    I disabled the default camera, built the app and compiled it in Visual Studio 17.
    I made sure to compile/build all three in the same configuration (debug / release).

While yesterday, I got a NoEntryPointFoundException (possibly because I didn't make sure all are in the same config) I just don't get the effects at all today. The plane is just flat and plain white, the triangle missing at all. No errors are displayed in the VS Output.

Has anybody ever tried that before and had the same issues, or does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks y'all!

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That usually means that the function you're calling is not exported from the DLL. I assume you made the DLL yourself?

3. Maverick283

Maverick283

No, I did in fact use everything provided by the example in the link mentioned in the original post.

Yet, I followed my steps as described again today, and now I got the triangle.

I am trying to figure out what the differences are between the two projects right now, if I find them in a reasonable time I'll post them for future reference.

Thanks for your offered assistance, @Tautvydas-Zilys!