Search Unity

Nodes for Shader Graph

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Andrey_Graphics, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

I imported into an empty project, I always do this for verification, yesterday I just installed the latest version of Unity, the scene is running, what empty scripts are we talking about? Why doesn't the scene start? are there any errors after trying?

2. SammmZ

SammmZ

OK, I started from scratch.
    Installed Unity 2019.3.9, created new project with HDRP 7.3.1
    Installed URP 7.3.1 and imported your Nodes asset.

Checking the default HDRP samplescene. It looks perfect, RP is working.
    Loading HDRPNodesDemo. Objects look black (I believe that's because directional light intensity is set to 2 Lux, while the new HDRP implies default setting around 10000Lux). Increasing the light. Now I can see the objects, but the human skin didn't have any sss. I can see Albedo and gloss, but rulers: Depth, IntesitySSS & Shadow - didn't do anything.

I suppose it could be related to missing scripts on a hierarchy game objects:
    Main Camera - missing script between AudioListener and HDAdditionalCameraData
    Directional Light - missing script between HDAdditionalLightData and Volume (global with empty profile)
    Post-process Volume - just an empty object with a missing script.
    Scene Settings - also Volume global with empty profile.

I had a bunch of errors & warnings while importing all the stuff, but after importing and compiling I have a clean log without any warnings or errors. Other nodes seem working tho. Even SSS sphere example do something (I mean it reacts to the sss slider and changing colors while I changing the rulers)

3. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

There should be no additional scripts, deleted components can be displayed as missing scripts, and it should be, this does not affect them in any way, you can delete them, or create a new scene. It seems that you have downloaded the wrong version from the asset store, this happens with the asset store, you need to update the version, or show me your empty project by mail, I will look and help you.

4. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

I'm having similar issues as pigglet. Fresh HDRP project (2019.3.12f1) and your latest asset from the store (2.0). This is what I'm getting when I load the scene:
    screenshot.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  5. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hi friend, set the intensity parameter to 10,000 in direction light, and install URP, I will update the scene to use a different Shader, there is another Shader for HDRP, in the shaders folder, and I will change the direction light for this scene)

6. Passeridae

Passeridae

Hi! Do you provide a Shader Graph version of your skin shader? If yes, would it be possible to port it to Amplify?

7. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hi, Yes, for LWRP, the SSS node is present separately and on Amplify, but there is no Shader for it and you can't turn shader graph into Amplify

8. Passeridae

Passeridae

Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
    First of all, are your "SSS" and "Skin Shader Surface Scattering" examples the same thing? If not, which one of them allows to use shallow, mid and deep SSS?

Are these shaders made for LWRP only? No HDRP version? Or is the HDRP version made via shadergraph?

The purpose of my original question was to find out if there's a solution that allows to use multiple SSS levels (shallow, middle and deep) inside Shader Graph and/or Amplify.

9. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

The fact is that this node works in both LWRP and HDRP, but in the scene with HDRP there, the Shader is made without this node, on a human model, this node with 3 levels can be used everywhere, without problems, but the node Light attenuation, works only for LWRP, I mentioned it because I used it for the skin Shader, with this node, the Shader becomes more complete

10. linovalcarcel97

linovalcarcel97

no material or shader works for me upload_2020-6-11_0-53-34.png

11. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hi, thank you for writing, what version of Unity is this? what version of the Shader graph, LWRP?

12. linovalcarcel97

linovalcarcel97

Is the version Unity 2019.20f1 and shader graph is 6.9.1, is LWRP

13. linovalcarcel97

linovalcarcel97

upload_2020-6-11_10-52-37.png

14. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Update LWRP and Shader Graph to version 6.9.1 and make sure the Render pipeline is worth LWRP just in case

15. linovalcarcel97

linovalcarcel97

upload_2020-6-12_13-52-23.png

16. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Unity switched to Universal RP, so you need to use Universal RP instead of LWRP in this version

17. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

And you can't transfer asset from 2019.2 in 2019.3, you need to delete it in the folder - C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5. x
    And then re-download in 2019.3, if the "Update"button does not appear in the asset store.
    For each version of Unity, a different version of Nodes for shader graph

18. dakomz

dakomz

Hi! I bought this asset to try and make it easier to convert some stuff that was built in Unreal...

Do you mind explaining how UV, Depth, and Height in the Parallax_Mapping node compare to Coordinate, Height, and HeightRatioInput in Unreal's BumpOffset node?

19. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, I would answer you, but unfortunately I don't know what happens in unreal engine, I only work with unity

dakomz likes this.
  20. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello I'm looking some skin transmission and SSS shader for amplify Shader but is that work in Deffered? in Amplify shader? Cause this is what wea re looking for.

21. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, yes, the SSS node works for ASE in Deferred, but the lightattenuation node will not work

22. soleron

soleron

Which rendering system are you using?

23. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

I installed this on Unity 2021 and getting this error:
    Error in Graph at Assets/NodesShaderGraph/Shaders/ParallaxMappingBrickIterations.ShaderGraph at node Sub-graph: Validation: Could not find Sub Graph asset with GUID e280ced4dee7c194a8b8f1c19b05eaea.
    UnityEditor.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter:GenerateAssetData (UnityEditor.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext)

Should I be worried? The shaders seem to work fine in URP though they don't look as good as the video for the product.

24. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, I looked, everything works, there are no node errors, there is an error of the shader itself, but it also works as it should, there is no reason to worry, but if something does not work, then let me know and I will fix it. As for what looks wrong-maybe the post-effects don't work or the light settings have fallen off, but this is just a demo scene

SilverStorm likes this.
  25. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Built in rendering

26. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Works
    upload_2021-5-15_0-37-48.png

27. altepTest

altepTest

these shaders work with unity 2020.3 and URP 10.7 ?

28. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Yes

29. altepTest

altepTest

30. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

These are examples of people who use multiple layers of color using offline rendering, examples of how the shader works are shown on the asset store, I added examples to show how important it is to use multiple layers instead of a single red layer as in most other shaders

31. c_j_yen

c_j_yen

Does it work with URP? 2019.4.35f1

32. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Yes!

c_j_yen likes this.
  33. ciorbyn

ciorbyn

Can you tell me if it works with the built-in shadergraph in Unity 2021?

34. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Yes