Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Nodes for Shader Graph

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Andrey_Graphics, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

If there are still problems you can still send me an e-mail your project, I'll look.
    My mail - industrialforest@mail.ua

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  2. Kamil-Sobierajski

Kamil-Sobierajski

Ok. I try this on another computer. I install fresh unity 2019.1 Then I make new project witch LWRP. Then I updated Render pipeline to 5.13.0 and Shader graph to 5.13.0
    And All the errors were gone.
    Thanx for the tips!

3. mediapod_uk

mediapod_uk

Hi Andrey, I'm getting the same kind of errors with the 1.7 build and 5.13 LWRP and Shader graph

Attached Files:

4. mediapod_uk

mediapod_uk

Hold that - got it working in an empty project now...Will keep digging...

5. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

You do not work correctly LWRP, this is a question for unity developers and LWRP, may not be imported correctly, removed, and only then install lwrp again, try to remove HDRP, I can personally check your project if you throw it in the mail industrialforest@mail.ua

6. akuei2

akuei2

Hi, just bought it today.
    But, I'm idiot for shadergraph.
    Can you add a skin_hdrp + normal_map together into a new one shader?
    Thank in advance.

7. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

akuei2 likes this.
  8. akuei2

akuei2

9. juem

juem

Hello Im using this node pack and I think It's nice way to start shader graph study.

I'm working on 2019.1.5 / shader graph 5.13 / LWRP 5.13 / android platform build now and I found some odd thing here.

first It just works fine in pc platform. but in Android at starting scene, all screen is turn black.
    Turns out the Post process stack in Main camera was causing problem. I turn off 'post process layer(script)' and it works fine.

TurnOn.jpg TurnOff.jpg

so In this state, I can't use post process. How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

P_Jong likes this.
  10. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, I don't know, this is a question for Unity developers

11. Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Hi Andrey!

I have some question in relation to skin tone shading with LWRP (we use UMA for our Avatar system with the SRP branch).

We are developing our base model character and are looking for a solution how to get skin tone shading that is similar to the reference as in the image below:
    View attachment 443579

Any ideas how to get more close to this look?

Long term we want to aim as much as possible for soft subsurface skin tones with LWRP. Any kind of real-time subsurface shading hack would be a great solution for us. This is the long term references we are aiming for:
    View attachment 443582

Would your Shader Graph nodes support this shading? And would it be compatible with UMA?
    Would be greatful for any suggestion how to move in the direction of the reference images above?

Many thanks!

Bartek

12. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, I can not see your screenshots, the link does not work

P_Jong likes this.
  13. Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Hi Andrey! (Re-posting)

I have some question in relation to skin tone shading with LWRP (we use UMA for our Avatar system with the SRP branch).

We are developing our base model character and are looking for a solution how to get skin tone shading that is similar to the reference as in the image below:
    ReferenceShader.png

Any ideas how to get more close to this look?

Long term we want to aim as much as possible for soft subsurface skin tones with LWRP. Any kind of real-time subsurface shading hack would be a great solution for us. This is the long term references we are aiming for:
    image (4).png

Would your Shader Graph nodes support this shading? And would it be compatible with UMA?
    Would be greatful for any suggestion how to move in the direction of the reference images above?

Many thanks!

Bartek

14. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

I do not know what is "UMA", you can buy and if you do not like I will make a refund, (price nodes $ 5 ), so you can throw in the mail this model and I will do the material and show you the result, this node works almost the same as in shader forge and ASE but with a lot of settings, this method does not calculate every frame rays of light, so you need to bake a thickness map and adjust it in photoshop if necessary. This method will use a map of the thickness, direction of light and shadow and calculate the soft sss light in the colors you want.

My mail:

industrialforest@mail.ua

15. Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

16. Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Hi Andrey!

Have you experienced the normals issues not updating with the blendshapes in Unity?
    Hence how to avoid the shading shadowing around the mouth and eyes?

17. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

No, I didn't, this is what the material looks like for your model.
    On screenshot only red to be more beautiful, you can add yellow and bluish to light from the subcutaneous fat, but I did not have time to adjust the material.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  18. dennisrsd

dennisrsd

He Andrey,

Question. I bought the nodes and was curious If I can make the skin shader work in lwrp with point lights. I am specifically talking about the subsurface effect. It seems it's only working with a directional light.

With kind regards,
    Dennis

19. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, the effect only works with a directional light

20. dennisrsd

dennisrsd

Thanks for the quick answer. Is this something that you gonna add? or is this not possible right now with unity?

With kind regards,
    Dennis

21. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

In shader graph is impossible to do unfortunately, if you do not like something then you can make a refund. I always accept refund, preferably by mail.

22. dennisrsd

dennisrsd

No its fine, just wanted to know thanks.

Kind regards,
    Dennis

23. MichielVanOmmen

MichielVanOmmen

1. Does this actually work with only Directional Light or with any kind and amount of lights?
    2. And what about receiving shadows? Will it only cast this fake SSS only around the area where light hits the object?

3. And just to be safe: this SSS node for ASE still works in Unity without enabling Unity's SRP?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  24. CarpetShampooer

CarpetShampooer

Just downloaded the package yesterday
    Using a newer Unity 2019.2.4f1 with LWRP
    SSS & Paralllax mapping are the only two that compile or show, the rest are pink (63 errors)

Readme.txt says to open the pink shader in shader graph, click save. I tried that, they all stay pink.
    Looks like it's maybe something in SSGradient? Attached pictures. Thank you!

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      381.5 KB
      Views:
    • 0a.jpg
      0a.jpg
      File size:
      606 KB
      Views:
  25. CarpetShampooer

CarpetShampooer

Just confirming, installed the newest Unity 2019.2.6, just downloaded the package fresh and these are the errors on the sample scene. Hope it helps

Attached Files:

• 0b.jpg
      0b.jpg
      File size:
      522.9 KB
      Views:
  26. jason_

jason_

@Andrey_Graphics
    Hi, just bought your asset yesterday,
    i got too much error, and black color head in demoscene
    please tell me which unity,lwrp,hdrp,shadergraph version do you support?

27. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

LWRP and ShaderGraph must be updated to the latest version

28. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

All release versions of Unity, shader graph, almost all versions, just refresh the Shader graph to the latest version, for example 5.7.2 does not work as Shadergraph was the problem

29. jason_

jason_

@Andrey_Graphics
    Hi, i am using
    - unity 2018.4.9f1 lwrp/hdrp/shadergraph ver 4.1.0 , ver 4.10.0 (latest) + nodesforshadergraph package 2018.3.0f2 ver 1.5 = many error + no demo scene + strange head prefab with red glow in his eyelids

- Unity 2019.2.6f1 lwrp/hdrp/shadergraph ver 6.9.0 , ver 6.9.1 (latest) + nodesforshadergraph package 2019.1.8f1 ver 1.8 = many error , only sss ball is ok + others are purple
    - Unity 2019.3.0a5 lwrp/hdrp/shadergraph ver 6.5.2 , ver 6.9.1 (latest) + nodesforshadergraph package 2019.1.8f1 ver 1.8 = many error , everything purple

30. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

have you tried opening shaders and recompiling them?
    If this does not help then send me an e-mail project with the installed package

industrialforest@mail.ua

31. jason_

jason_

@Andrey_Graphics
    right now i am using:
    - Unity 2019.1.14f1 lwrp/hdrp/shadergraph ver 5.16.1 (latest) + nodesforshadergraph package 2019.1.8f1 ver 1.8 = everything load ok / no more purple both lwrp and hdrp demoscene.
    thanks

32. CarpetShampooer

CarpetShampooer

Ok - Updated LWRP and Shadergraph 6.9.1 through package manager, and your package version 1.8 (current). Some of the parallax shaders are no longer pink, but the SSS Skin/Monster are still pink. "Shader error in PBR Master: Undeclared Identifier" in screenshot. I've opened, saved, closed the pink shaders but no luck.

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      823.7 KB
      Views:
  33. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

i will make an update

34. CarpetShampooer

CarpetShampooer

Material looks fantastic!
    Only problem now is File-Build/Run generates errors after I install the package. I can hit play and it runs fine.
    This is tested with a fresh install->Update LWRP/Shaders(Compiles fine)->Install Package(PackageManager does not exist error)

Attached Files:

35. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, delete these scripts, which are associated with errors, they do not need you anymore

36. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@Andrey_Graphics

Hi, I have the latest of everything installed and I get this problem. Any thoughts on how to fix it? It's for the Skin graph for LWRP. Thanks.

Skin.jpg

37. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, which version of LWRP and which version of Unity?

38. Longthan0205

Longthan0205

@Andrey_Graphics

Hi, I’m really impressed with the result you shown in the first page of the forum. I get that you used sss nodes for shallow, mid and deep, however, I don’t get what kind of node that could be used for second specular and displacement?

Moreover, do you have any tips to get a character look detail as yours?

Thank you for your impressive work. Make it easy to learn shader graph.

Attached Files:

39. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Hi, Unity 2019.3.0b4 and Universal RP 7.0.1

40. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

You need to make reflections through the node Dot and LightDirection, multiply by the map second Specular map and output in emission, this model is not mine, here is a link to Artstation, this picture was an example of this method for SSS
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1qdRq
    displacement is optional but there is only parallax

41. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

But this is a beta version, assets out for release versions, please wait for the release of Unity 2019.3

42. Quang_Phan

Quang_Phan

Hello,
    Thank you for your great work! Could you make “static switch” node like in ASE for shader graph? That will helpful with me.
    Btw, I’m a seller so can I use you script to build shaders stand alone (I mean I can’t resell your asset so can I create shaders in 1 project with your scripts and copy there shader to another project without your scripts) and my shaders can work like ASE did?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Lay84 likes this.
  43. Quang_Phan

Quang_Phan

I guess “Static Switch” node is not a mix function, it like on/off one of 2 tree link. I mean example: if you have 2 color red and blue connected to Static Switch, there are have true/false, if true is on and false is off, and in material use this shader you can on/off to switch color red or blue.
    https://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Static_Switch
    And with your scripts can I create shader stand alone?

44. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, shaders created with the help of my asset can be sold, about the node I will add to the to-do list and possibly add to the asset later

Quang_Phan likes this.
  45. Quang_Phan

Quang_Phan

Thank you, hope I can see Static Switch soon!

46. corjn

corjn

Hey @Andrey_Graphics,

I bought your asset and it's great !

Just a simple question : do you plan to support light attenuation with the HDRP ? Is that even possible right now to get light informations in HDRP API?

I'm looking for a way to make a mix between cel shading and super realistic/modern graphics.

Thanks for your time :)
    Jonathan

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  47. corjn

corjn

Just change every "lightweight" to "universal" in LightAttenuation.hlsl

48. SammmZ

SammmZ

I'm sorry to say that, but it's totally broken in latest Unity2019.3.6f1 & HDRP7.1.8

49. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

I'm using unity 2019.3.9 and hdrp 7.3.1
    and I don't see any problems, if you have a problem with the first material, you may also need to download the URP

50. SammmZ

SammmZ

Well, I bet you will see the problems if you'll try to set up a new clean project and import the asset. There are some missed scripts and empty profile fields. Installing URP pack together with HDRP helps me to get rid of errors, but I still can't run the demoscene.