Search Unity

Resolved Node authoring tool at runtime

Discussion in 'Authoring Dev Blitz Day 2023' started by KevinICT, Jan 26, 2023.

1. KevinICT

KevinICT

Hello, is there any plans for tools such as GraphToolsPackage being available during runtime and have it be visible when the game is playing? I am hoping to create authoring tools for things like behavior tree and state machine, and it would be more effective if I can see the traversal between nodes during runtime.
    If not, do you have any recommendations on what to do if I want to make a standalone authoring tool?

Thank you.

2. EricDziurzynski

EricDziurzynski

Unity Technologies

@KevinICT , I will add this as a feature request to our backlog for GTF. We don't currently have a timetable for releasing GTF as we're focused on shipping an update to Shader Graph with GTF as the front end UI/UX solution first and foremost. Once we can ship the SHader Graph update we'll re-assess GTF's readiness for public release and discuss a timetable internally.

We are not planning for GTF to be a package but in-editor as a public API. There are no current plans for it to be available at runtime but we've discussed this as continued development after it's released and I will add your feedback so it's not lost!

3. KevinICT

KevinICT

Thank you :)