Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Noble Connect - Relays and Punchthrough

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thegreatzebadiah, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@AcIdSaMa I'm not totally sure what you're asking but as you said Mirror does have callbacks for that, on the transport there is a OnServerDataReceived and OnClientDataReceived that you can use. Generally I would not recommend changing those from the defaults though as it will surely break the entire messaging system. I guess that's fine though if you've got something to replace it with. Noble Connect is built on top of Mirror though so anything you can get working with Mirror will work with Noble Connect.

2. AcIdSaMa

AcIdSaMa

Ooh ok well I'm just saying this based on what was said in the docs to use NobleClient and NobleServer and not NetworkClient / NetworkServer.

So are these call backs still accessable with Noble?

3. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

4. AcIdSaMa

AcIdSaMa

Thanks I was able to get this working but need to have a calculation for ping. NetworkTime.rtt doesn't look to be working. I need this in order to set a peers input delay within my netcode.

5. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@AcIdSaMa Network time is not within the scope of Noble Connect, which only works to facilitate making a connection. Everything else is up to the networking system or you, so you'll have to look elsewhere for a solution or write your own.

6. Stealcase

Stealcase

Hey,
    I've been trying to run the example scene for MLAPI to get a connection to the Noble Connect servers.

I've registered my Transaction ID and registered the product on NobleWhale, and used the resulting Secret in Unity.

But I'm getting an authentication error, despite following the instructions a couple of times.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Noble Connect [13567]: Game ID not recognized or other authentication issue. Re-copy the Game ID from the dashboard on the Noble Connect website to the NobleConnectSetting asset: https://noblewhale.com/dashboard
    Is there something spesific I can do on my end to troubleshoot?

7. Mario-M701

Mario-M701

HI, Just to be sure, the combination of Mirror and Noble Connect is compatible with a webgl build?
    It's not mentioned explicitly and looks like no one asked for it, so I prefer to be sure before using it.

Thank you

8. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@Mario-M701 Unfortunately Noble Connect does not support WebGL connections. It only works with the UDP transports Ignorance, LitenetLib, and KCP when using Mirror.

9. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

There was a temporary issues with signing up on the website that caused accounts created in that time period to get corrupted. If I've not already resolved this issue for you please reach out to me again and I can reset your account so it works properly. Sorry for the issue.

Stealcase likes this.
  10. Stealcase

Stealcase

Hey,
    you resolved this issue for me around Christmas, and it has been working since.
    Replying here just for proof of customer service if anyone else finds this thread.

Zebadiah likes this.
  11. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

I'm looking for a solution for setting up a peer to peer connection for transferring files in my otherwise PUN 2 game. Is there some documentation on using Noble Connection's API, or do I have to dissect the implementations for the other networking SDKs?

12. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@Thomas-Mountainborn You've probably figured it out on your own by now, but there's not really any documentation on using Noble Connect other than with Mirror and UNet, so you'll have to do some dissecting.

The main piece you need is the Peer class.

On the host, start hosting via socket or whatever and then create a Peer instance and InitializeHosting(), passing in the port that you are hosting on. The onPrepared callback can be used to get the relay ip and port that clients will use to connect.

On the client, create a Peer instance and InitializeClient() passing in the relay ip and port from the host. When the onReadyToConnect callback is called it will be provided the ip and port that you can connect to via socket or whatever.

Keep in mind the Noble Connect only supports udp

13. RadDev121

RadDev121

NobleRoomManager and NobleRoomPlayer are missing in 1.36 on my end, both from the base import and the Mirror package. Were they removed? Are they elsewhere?

And one more thing. Mirror's NetworkDiscovery doesn't seem to work accross the internet, only the LAN. Is there a Noble equivalent to NetworkDiscovery or is it what Match Up is for?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  14. blabz2007

blabz2007

Smooth Sync seems to be broken for the latest Netcode for GameObjects ->
    Line 1077 in SmoothSyncNetcode.cs:

Non-static variable cannot be accessed

Code (CSharp):
    1. NetworkManager.Singleton.CustomMessagingManager.SendNamedMessage("SmoothSync.HandleSync", NetworkManager.Singleton.ServerClientId, writer, NetworkDelivery.Unreliable);

15. SpindizzyGames

SpindizzyGames

Can you support Fishnet networking? Fishnet is a superior fork of Mirror - it's structure is similar but not identical and it has a litenet based transport too.

16. SpindizzyGames

SpindizzyGames

Can I host my own servers instead of going through your service?

CloudyVR likes this.
  17. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

+1 interested in support for Fishnet ;o

18. netstabber

netstabber

HI

I can not get game ID ,because when enter my passwoed .it not working !please help me my email is foreverstudio@qq.com,Please send my Game ID to me thank you

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      108.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      228.7 KB
      Views:
  19. tabulatouch

tabulatouch

Hello @Zebadiah ,

This is my use case:
    - the local game connects to the online server (relay)
    - the local mobile game controllers connect to the online server (relay)
    - the online server (relay) will just be used to route high-frequency input received from mobile client controllers (touch, virtual buttons) to a local server which runs the game.

- The online server acts as a relay and hopefully connects client and local server directly through p2p
    - basically it is needed to avoid local clients (controllers) to be in the same wifi network as the local server, for ease of use, but the usage is always local (people with controllers are in the same room/place as the game receiving input) (in the drawing the red lines are when input is relayed, and green when a p2p connection is made)

Does NobleConnect fit into this scenario?
    Can you point me in the right direction?

Attached Files:

20. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

I believe I answered this on discord, but for anyone else coming here with similar questions I will paste my response here:

I'm not familiar with OSC but if it works on top of UDP then Noble Connect should be able to do everything you need. It is designed to work with a networking system like Mirror though, so if you're trying to do things more at the socket level you will have to write a bit more code on your own to get the connection set up. If you follow the pattern used for one of the existing networking system implementations it should be fairly straightforward. Also there is a dll included in the package that provides all of the core functionality without any Unity dependence so you absolutely can use it outside of Unity context.

21. Splendidus

Splendidus

Hello! Could you help me with Matchmaker? It's not working already two weeks (but it was working earlier). It seems to me there are some issues with Match Up. You can check it with an example scene for the mirror. Just run it and you'll receive an error:

Match Up: Failed attempting to connect to the matchmaking server. Is it running?
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    upload_2023-2-5_8-6-57.png

meta44 likes this.
  22. meta44

meta44

@Splendidus I'm having the same issue, noticed it 3 days ago and it was working maybe 10 days ago.

Splendidus likes this.
  23. Fuestrine

Fuestrine

@Splendidus @meta44
    Thank you for letting us know! The server was down around when you posted here, but it's back up now. Sorry for the late reply here. Always feel free to poke us again by email or anywhere.

I'm always happy to look into the test Match Up server being unusable, but keep in mind that the Match Up server we host has no guaranteed uptime and should not be used for released games. We provide the executable though so you can host it yourself.
    Note that the Match Up server is different from our Noble Connect servers and that we recommend using the Noble Connect servers in your released games. :)

24. Airmouse

Airmouse

Hi I'm trying to use Noble Connect but when I add the Game ID into NobleConnectSettings and star the Example Mirror scene then click on Host I always receive the error

Game ID not recognized or other authentication issue. Re-copy the Game ID from the dashboard on the Noble Connect website to the NobleConnectSetting asset: https://noblewhale.com/dashboard

Is there anything I need to do other than create a Game ID in dashboard?

25. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@Airmouse There was a temporary issue with account creation on the website but it is resolved now. Your game ID should be working now, but let me know if it's not.

Airmouse likes this.
  26. LonelyA1one

LonelyA1one

Hi, I am trying to get a HostEndPoint from a client but I get a null. Is it possible to get it from a client?

27. AniyaGames_QYZ

AniyaGames_QYZ

upload_2023-10-30_22-24-33.png
    Hello, I can't start host only with "AUTO" region on the Mirror Example

28. meta44

meta44

I've been using Noble Connect for over a year, and today for the first time I can't get it to connect. It was working 3 days ago, and literally nothing changed in my code, but today it gets frozen while trying to connect. Any idea as to what could be happening?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  29. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

Heads up y'all, our discord got hacked. Do not click any links sent by my Whale Whale Whale, especially regarding a puzzle game. It is a virus.

30. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

New discord is up: https://discord.gg/TMDFuvCQ

Fresh and clean

I also have a new account: (whale__whale__whale_38382)

Anyone still in the old server should leave it and block my old account.

Sorry for the downtime!

31. Ijisthee

Ijisthee

@Zebadiah

Unfortunately I cannot join the discord server. The link is not valid anymore.
    I'm having an issue with the latest version of Noble connect free directly after import.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/noble-connect-free-141599

Assets\Packages\Noble Connect\NetCode for GameObjects\Internal\NobleUnityTransport.cs(116,35): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Action<string>' to 'System.Action<System.Exception>'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

Assets\Packages\Noble Connect\NetCode for GameObjects\Internal\NobleUnityTransport.cs(142,36): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'ushort' to 'System.Net.IPEndPoint'

It seems that the NobleUnityTransport is not compatible with NobleConnect.Config anymore.

Thanks a lot. :)