Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Noble Connect - Relays and Punchthrough

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thegreatzebadiah, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@AcIdSaMa I'm not totally sure what you're asking but as you said Mirror does have callbacks for that, on the transport there is a OnServerDataReceived and OnClientDataReceived that you can use. Generally I would not recommend changing those from the defaults though as it will surely break the entire messaging system. I guess that's fine though if you've got something to replace it with. Noble Connect is built on top of Mirror though so anything you can get working with Mirror will work with Noble Connect.

2. AcIdSaMa

AcIdSaMa

Ooh ok well I'm just saying this based on what was said in the docs to use NobleClient and NobleServer and not NetworkClient / NetworkServer.

So are these call backs still accessable with Noble?

3. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

4. AcIdSaMa

AcIdSaMa

Thanks I was able to get this working but need to have a calculation for ping. NetworkTime.rtt doesn't look to be working. I need this in order to set a peers input delay within my netcode.

5. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@AcIdSaMa Network time is not within the scope of Noble Connect, which only works to facilitate making a connection. Everything else is up to the networking system or you, so you'll have to look elsewhere for a solution or write your own.

6. Stealcase

Stealcase

Hey,
    I've been trying to run the example scene for MLAPI to get a connection to the Noble Connect servers.

I've registered my Transaction ID and registered the product on NobleWhale, and used the resulting Secret in Unity.

But I'm getting an authentication error, despite following the instructions a couple of times.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Noble Connect [13567]: Game ID not recognized or other authentication issue. Re-copy the Game ID from the dashboard on the Noble Connect website to the NobleConnectSetting asset: https://noblewhale.com/dashboard
    Is there something spesific I can do on my end to troubleshoot?

7. Mario-M701

Mario-M701

HI, Just to be sure, the combination of Mirror and Noble Connect is compatible with a webgl build?
    It's not mentioned explicitly and looks like no one asked for it, so I prefer to be sure before using it.

Thank you

8. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

@Mario-M701 Unfortunately Noble Connect does not support WebGL connections. It only works with the UDP transports Ignorance, LitenetLib, and KCP when using Mirror.

9. Zebadiah

Zebadiah

There was a temporary issues with signing up on the website that caused accounts created in that time period to get corrupted. If I've not already resolved this issue for you please reach out to me again and I can reset your account so it works properly. Sorry for the issue.

Stealcase likes this.
  10. Stealcase

Stealcase

Hey,
    you resolved this issue for me around Christmas, and it has been working since.
    Replying here just for proof of customer service if anyone else finds this thread.

Zebadiah likes this.
unityunity