Search Unity

No windows compile support for linux releases

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Rakiah_BK, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Rakiah_BK

Rakiah_BK

Hi, i've been fiddling with https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/hub/prod/releases-linux.json
    to find the 2019.2 version of unity for linux for my CI server (2018.X broke CI completely for me), no links were provided on the pinned topic where download links are supposed to be for this version,

I can correctly download unity 2019.2 using the link here:
    https://beta.unity3d.com/download/20c1667945cf/LinuxEditorInstaller/Unity.tar.xz

however I also need support for windows build inside of linux, looking at the modules section of the json I see that the download link for windows-mono is this one:
    https://beta.unity3d.com/download/2...indows-Mono-Support-for-Editor-2019.2.0f1.pkg
    the file linked is a .pkg file which can only be opened on a Mac computer, (even the path states MacEditorTargetInstaller), which left me helpless, the webgl, ios, and android do have a correct file but no build support for windows, can you provide an official link to unity linux for 2019.2 and or a way to download the Windows target installer for this version ?
    My CI is right now completely ruined until we have a fix

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That's the right one. Mac and Linux shares Windows build support. Just extract it and put the contents into <EDITOR_DIR>/Data/PlaybackEngines/windowsstandalonesupport.

3. Rakiah_BK

Rakiah_BK

Thank you for your quick reply
    for everyone that watch this thread -> windowsstandalonesupport must be WindowsStandaloneSupport, otherwise unity states a log that it doesnt find the folder, after that, unity will state a log that

```

[05:24:55] ▸ Initializing Extension Manager v2019.1.0 for Unity v2019.1.0f2
    [05:24:55] ▸ Registering precompiled unity dll's ...
    [05:24:55] ▸ Trying to register platform support module: /opt/unity-editor-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WindowsStandaloneSupport/UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.Extensions.dll (that doesn't exist). Retrying without overrides.
    [05:24:55] ▸ Platform support module is not available: /opt/unity-editor-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WindowsStandaloneSupport/UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.Extensions.dll
    [05:24:55] ▸ Register platform support module: /opt/unity-editor-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/UnityEditor.WebGL.Extensions.dll
    [05:24:55] ▸ Register platform support module: /opt/unity-editor-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/LinuxStandaloneSupport/UnityEditor.LinuxStandalone.Extensions.dll
    [05:24:55] ▸ Register platform support module: /opt/unity-editor-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport/UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll
    ```

It seems to search for a DLL UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.Extensions.dll that doesn't exist when uncompressing the .pkg file, but how are you supposed to extract the .pkg file ? I did following this tutorial:
    https://www.oueta.com/linux/extract-pkg-and-mpkg-files-with-xar-on-linux/
    but it only yields me this hierarchy

```
    $ ls /opt/unity-editor-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WindowsStandaloneSupport/
    $ Distribution PlugIns Resources TargetSupport.pkg.tmp
    ```

is this suppose to be normal ?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That file should be inside. This is what I see when I open the .pkg file in 7-zip:

upload_2019-8-13_18-44-16.png

5. Rakiah_BK

Rakiah_BK

Ok but with what tool or how should we open a .pkg file using Linux ? Xar seems to be the way to go but doesnt seem to yield good results

6. Laex410

Laex410

We got it working by using 7zip on windows and copying the file to our linux server from there (e.g. using sftp)

7. Rakiah_BK

Rakiah_BK

Thank you for the quick support, will try and keep you updated about that !

gawoon likes this.