Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No version of Unity will open after Unity Hub 2.2.0 update

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MikkoK-HS, Nov 28, 2019.

1. MikkoK-HS

MikkoK-HS

I'm having a serious problem where no version of Unity will open. This started happening immediately after I updated Unity Hub to version 2.2.0. One time I got to a splash screen which said something about invalid machine identification for this license, but all buttons except quit were grayed out. After that when I try to open any project via the hub it will close the hub, show the loading screen for a while but then it disappears and unity hub reopens. Closing unity hub and trying to start an editor from the exe just opens unity hub and nothing else.

I have tried returning my license from unity hub, revoking it from my account page, then reassigning it back and reactivating it from the hub. I am not getting any errors there, the license activates fine. I have also tried reinstalling Unity Hub and deleting Unity_lic.ulf from C:\ProgramData\Unity as suggested elsewhere.

TreyH likes this.
  2. kbm

kbm

Unity Hub 2.2.0 seems to have broken something for many people..there are at least 4-5 other threads in this forums alone about problems. I can not open anything anymore..

3. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Would you please try returning the license (hub > user account icon > manage license), and reactivate again?

Thanks,
    Afshin

4. bphillips09

bphillips09

Agreed - The 2.2.0 update has "broken" all my projects, the only way to open them now is with CLI. Removing and re-adding the license does not fix it either. The issue it caused for me is that all projects (old, new, large, small) now have empty errors in the console and won't run or build (and some just don't open)

5. kbm

kbm

I tried, it says "Failed to return the license. Please try again" over and over again.

I also manually activated my license, successfully, but still cant return it.

6. Plumpman

Plumpman

In the same boat. My unity hub just updated and now I can't launch any of my projects.

7. kbm

kbm

This is completely unacceptable, especially for paying customers that develop games for a living. I haven't been able to work on any of my projects for DAYS now and there is not even any official word on this.

8. MikkoK-HS

MikkoK-HS

I have tried that, didn't help unfortunately. I also tried revoking the seat from organization management and then reassigning it. Unity Hub doesn't give any errors about licenses anymore but still nothing works.

I have also tried completely removing Unity Hub and all versions of Unity from my computer, scrubbing all data I could find from ProgramData and AppData folders and registry, and then reinstalling. No effect.

In the mean time I returned my license from my desktop, installed unity hub 2.2.0 on my laptop and activated the license there. Everything works fine on the laptop, no problems at all. It's not optimal but at least I can continue working now.

I also noticed that on my desktop Unity Hub quickly flashes an error message saying "Unity is already in list. You cannot locate the same version" but it disappears after like 0.1 seconds. I managed to take a screenshot of it to read what it says.

I have contacted support about this and sent them some log files on Friday.

Unfortunately Unity 2019.2 doesn't open without Unity Hub.

9. j-swan

j-swan

Sadly the Hub has been giving me empty console errors as well, and all sorts of namespace or directive issues in my scripts, saying I don't have UI or Entities as part of Unity...completely broke my projects just from the Hub update which isn't optional...rather jarring

TheWarper and HitGrab1 like this.
  10. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Some of you have special characters in your windows account name? For example, here I have an é and it breaks the compiler during my build. But my colleague who has only normal characters in it has a perfect compiler. Let me know :)

11. TheWarper

TheWarper

[Bypassed]
    Same issue, bypassed by deleting license data and starting from a scene file in the project.

[Con]
    In order to run correct engine version I had to delete all 2019 versions of the editor.

12. AskCarol

AskCarol

Are you still experiencing this issue after the 2.2.2 update? If so, can you please let us know if you reported it as a bug so we can investigate further?

13. MikkoK-HS

MikkoK-HS

No, 2.2.2 update seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

AskCarol likes this.