Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No User Interface on Touch Controllers.

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by Persafunktant, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Persafunktant

Persafunktant

Hello
    There seems to be an issue with the build for me.
    For some reason none of the GUI textures seem to load.
    No object widgets at all. Even after a clean installation.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. DylanU

DylanU

Unity Technologies

@Persafunktant Thank you for trying out EditorVR. Apologies for the difficulty you're experiencing.
    To help us better assist you, firstly, what brand/model GPU is your HMD connected to? (Nvidia/ATI/on-board/etc)

3. Persafunktant

Persafunktant

Hello @dylanu , not a problem. I have been anxiously awaiting this editor.
    My graphics cards is a "GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980"

4. IFL

IFL

It looked exactly the same for me but with a Vive. I removed SteamVR and EVR from the project, and then re-installed EVR before the SteamVR plugin and it just worked. I'm not sure if the order matters or if it'd work the same with Touch, but you might give the ordering a shot if you haven't yet.

5. antonUCS

antonUCS

Hello, I have same issue with vive. my card is gtx980ti strix, i have tried both orders of instalation with the same result. no text on UI also unity menu button is missing on my controlers

6. IFL

IFL

Hmm... I've got the min-spec founders 970 with v372.54 and non-beta SteamVR. I doubt it's the hardware or drivers though.
    While the EditorVR window is open, see if changing the layer of the logo (search "logo" in the hierarchy) from UI to Default will make it show up. If it does then it's probably exactly what I was experiencing. I restarted the editor and SteamVR multiple times while troubleshooting. Re-installing the plugins (after manually reverting every applicable Player option to non-VR standalone) was the final fix though. Also, I used the unitypackage instead of the repo. Good luck!

amirebrahimi_unity likes this.
  7. Persafunktant

Persafunktant

I've tried re-importing the assets in both orders, no difference. I was able to reveal the logo by switching it to the default layer from UI. But that didn't seem to reveal much else I could do, or how to fix the problem unfortunately.
    The new patched EditorVR package didn't work for me either.

8. luku

luku

I'm having the exact same issue, and I have tried the same fixes as Persafunktant to no avail. Does anyone have any update on this issue?

I can show the UI Logo using IFL's technique, but no success in revealing the menu items. The buttons seem to 'work' in that I can spawn primitives, minimaps etc by randomly clicking blank menu space, but I cannot make them visible.

Interestingly, I have the same GPU.

9. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

We haven't seen this behavior before among any of us, so if you are still seeing this, please DM me with a Skype ID or whether you're able to do Google Hangouts or TeamViewer. Send me some days/times that you are available.

10. Dkury

Dkury

I've encountered the same problem several times. In my case UI layer was just turned off in Editor by default.

Make sure UI is on:

11. Txeme

Txeme

This worked for me. Thanks a lot.