Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No transparency in Sprite/UI textures in beta 11?

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by Claytonious, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Claytonious

Claytonious

I've submitted bug report #890117, but maybe I'm just overlooking some new settings that I need to change? As of beta 11, all Sprite/UI textures are ignoring their transparency and rendering solid black instead of transparent for pixels with alpha. They are also always aniso level of 16 - attempting to change this and hitting apply resets it to 16. I've checked quality settings and made sure I've selected the right setting but this still happens.

Is there some new texture importer setting we're supposed to be using now that I've overlooked?

Thanks!

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Im getting something similar but white background.. just not bothered to investigate until final build is released.. if someone can confirm issue it be good..

3. Claytonious

Claytonious

Yeah, I doubt the black/white part of it is interesting - that probably depends on the color values in the those texels. The important thing is that alpha is being ignored. Glad to hear it's not just my project - those are the kind of bugs I fear the most.

4. ArekPoland

ArekPoland

I faced the same problem.

After several attempts (i.e. tiff, tga) I've found that png was as indexed color.
    After changing it in photoshop from Indexed to RGB and tick "Alpha is Transparency" in Unity - transparency works properly.

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This is a known issue and has been fixed internally. It will be available in an upcoming release (not b12, though).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  6. Claytonious

Claytonious

This is not indexed color mode and also happens with psd files, etc. Repro is attached to my bug report.

7. silentneedle

silentneedle

I have the same problem with Unity 5.5.2p2.

8. jmjd

jmjd

I'm also seeing the same problem in 5.5.2p1. @LeonhardP do you know if this is also known to be a problem in this release? Sorry, I know this this the beta forum, but searching for this problem brought up this thread.

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

This to me is a show stopper issue, cannot release game with this problem...can we boost this up on urgency table..

10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

We're actively working on fixes for the underlying issues for both 5.5 and 5.6. There are changesets with fixes for both versions being reviewed right now.