Search Unity

No translation found format being ignored + Serialization layout error in 0.8.0-preview

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by alankarmisra, Aug 17, 2020.

1. alankarmisra

alankarmisra

Mac build using Unity 2020.1.0f1.

I just switched over to 0.8.0-preview and it seems that the "No translation found format" setting is being ignored. I get the default "No translation found for '<Key>'" string instead and the scripts fail so the rest of the scene doesn't render as intended. I had set it to {0} which worked in 0.7.1 by simply using the <Key> as text when no translation was found.

I also get the following error:
    A scripted object (probably UnityEngine.Localization.Settings.LocalizationSettings?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 292 bytes but expected 2700 bytes). Based on the release notes this was fixed, but I don't know why it continues to show up in my build.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hmm,

Could you please file a bug report for the 2 issues?
    The Serialization issue is a bug in Unity which should be fixed in an upcoming patch. We added a workaround although it doesnt seem to be working for you :(

3. alankarmisra

alankarmisra

I tried it with a fresh unity project and it worked as advertised. I tried reimporting everything *edit: in my actual project* and it still won't work. Would you recommend I delete all my tables (I have pushed a copy to sheets), remove the package completely and then reinstall? I'm not sure if that would make my existing Localize String Event objects lose their reference (they would?). Anything else I can try?

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Could you submit a bug report so I can see what's gone wrong in the project?

5. alankarmisra

alankarmisra

I disabled assembly stripping and it worked as expected. I set it to medium and it crashed. Do you still want me to file a bug report with assembly stripping turned on? Thank you for the amazing package btw and all your help so far. Happy to file a bug report if necessary!

6. alankarmisra

alankarmisra

Setting Managed Stripping Level to Low also works.

7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Ah thats a known issue. Its a bug in SerializeReference. There is a fix on the way that will be in a patch.

8. alankarmisra

alankarmisra

Ok thank you so much! You're a legend!

karl_jones likes this.