Search Unity

No Traffic infos showing

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by AllanMSmith, Oct 22, 2015.

1. AllanMSmith

AllanMSmith

Hi,

We have just released a new (webgl) game this morning (about 20 hours ago) in a very busy site, with a very big IP, and I am pretty sure is seeing a decent amount of traffic in the past 20 hours. Even if it didn't, me and my friends that access the game so, some data should be showing accordingly to the 6-12 hours estimate, however, it's showing nothing. I made the simplest possible integration, which is basically just turn on analytics. No custom events, no nothing.

I am using Unity 5.2.1f1 for this project (since webgl just got support on 5.2), I hooked the game up with the analytics dashboard, during development at times it showed like 1 DAU which was probably me testing the game out... but now that its out, there's nothing. I don't even know if thats possible but... am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

2. mpinol

mpinol

3. AllanMSmith

AllanMSmith

Just replying here for posterity's sake, but from speaking with Unity's support, they told me that 5.2.1 had a bug where if you did not put any line of custom events in your project (which was my case, I was just looking for the DAU/MAU metrics), even though the "Analytics" feature was activated in the project, it was being stripped during the build. The solution would be to use any custom event just so Unity knows that analytics is actually being used in the project.

From what they told me, should be fixed by 5.3.

mpinol likes this.