Search Unity

Question No sound into channel

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by Giris27, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Giris27

Giris27

Hi,

We tried almost everything under UE5. We followed the instructions like in the official tutorial on youtube. We set up everything but the channel does not receive sound.

We test on 4 computers, echo or nondistancial. Nothing work for us.

We read all the Troubleshootings of on Support Unity. Everything work in the console, we are logged into the channel (mean credentials are right). All the clients are in the same channel but no sound is shared betweend clients.

We put transmission on all. VAD we didn't find the request to set it up as 1. But I guess it's by default.

The micro works fine. We test it. Even the picto of the micro appears on the bottom right but no sound is send to the channel.

Can someone help us please? We cannot find the solution.

2. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

If you the logs are showing you are joined in the channel then you are doing something right. Some questions tho, Are you joining the channel as muted? What devices are you testing on(laptop, mobile, etc...) if mobile are you requesting microphone permissions for android/ios? Are you using headsets with mics or just device speaker/mic? If laptop /desktop is the sound/mic settings correct, you usually have to manually enable/disable certain audio devices if you have more than one device connected on the system (mic,/headphones /speakers). If none of these are the issue then are you using VPN, using Vivox over work wifi/network, or do you live in Pakistan or a country with firewall /restricted internet access (especially for VOIP). Hope these questions can bring some clarity to your issue

Giris27 likes this.
  3. Giris27

Giris27

Thank you Murphy for your answer.

No user microphone is muted.
    The devices are mobile and deskstop.
    There is only one microphone. Realtek micro, working in conf meeting.
    I'm using a VPN to protect my infrastructure, yes.
    I'm in France, the VOIP is restricted only on some offer the provider offers (can cannot use sim card to make Asterisk calls...).

I'm gonna try without VPN, I keep you in touch

MurphyMurph_21 likes this.