Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved No sound after play

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by NeuroLab-MOCU, Nov 23, 2023.

1. NeuroLab-MOCU

NeuroLab-MOCU

Went into the unity editor, opened an audio file in assets, can hear it. Pressed play, can't hear anything. Turned off the play, opened the audio file in assets again, can't hear anything. In build too. WTF

Unity version: 2022.3.9f1
    In Windows mixer: all fine
    Unity editor is also not muted

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  2. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

How are you triggering your sound?

Is the AudioClip correctly bound to an AudioSource with volume and positioned within the range of the AudioListener? If you set the AudioSource to "Play On Awake" and the listener is in range, you should be able to hear it.

3. NeuroLab-MOCU

NeuroLab-MOCU

I found a problem, but still don't know what to do. I'm using Oculus Rift. After disconnecting it from PC everything works fine. It is strange, because Windows still shows PC speakers as main audio output. I thing Unity switches to headset for some reason and after that doesn't switch back to speakers...

UPD: found an answer here
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/i-cant-change-audio-output-when-i-am-connecting-vr-device.1029625/

I was once again convinced that the presence of the option to change the audio output is just must have. Now I'm just going to manage everything related to audio using Naudio...

Feel free to close this thread, thank you

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023