Search Unity

Question No single entity visible at play mode

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by abrahamcollmart, Jun 5, 2023.

1. abrahamcollmart

abrahamcollmart

Hello everyone, i tried to use the new version of ecs with the new version of unity (2022.3.0f1). In my project when i tried to create subscenes from gameobjesct selected it didn't show anything at game view, so i tought was maybe an issue from my project so i downloaded the sample project for ECS to test it and i faced the exact same issue.

At game view i can't see a single entity, and at scene view i can only see the entities when i open the scene.

i also tried this solution and it does not work:
    Question - Entities not visible in Scene View - Unity Forum

upload_2023-6-4_18-51-30.png

upload_2023-6-4_18-51-39.png

2. abrahamcollmart

abrahamcollmart

someone knows how solve this?

it appears when i play at same scene

"No SRP present, no compute shader support, or running with -nographics. Mesh Deformation Systems disabled."

upload_2023-6-4_23-19-37.png

3. tertle

tertle

It means you aren't using URP or HDRP which is required

4. abrahamcollmart

abrahamcollmart

I'm using URP project, is the sample project from official unity repostory

5. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Check if render pipeline asset assigned in Project Settings -> Quality

6. abrahamcollmart

abrahamcollmart

it has already render pipeline
    upload_2023-6-5_9-25-42.png

7. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Then which GPU you use (does it support required shader model level)?
    Also just to make things clear - in your screenshots you showing empty stuff, and it's correct as you're not in play mode. As I clearly see (blue pen) you're not in play mode.
    upload_2023-6-5_20-35-49.png

Boid sample entities spawned at runtime (you wouldn't see them not in play mode).
    Also there is something wrong with your editor as all the icons is missing.
    upload_2023-6-5_20-34-24.png

8. abrahamcollmart

abrahamcollmart

here i share a other screenshot at play mode, but i have same result. About my icons, i don't know what happened to them, i already get used to this issue since 2019 version. Since that version the icons never display to never, i haven't found a solution for this.

and about the GPU. i'm using the integrated graphics. i have never faced issues with this at the time to develop until now with this. i have i5-2400 .

i were researching and i need GPU only if i use entities.graphics, but if i remove it can i use only ECS without a GPU?

upload_2023-6-5_13-54-18.png

9. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Well it uses Intel HD 2000 which is using SM 4.1 and for compute shaders you need 5.0. As result you see proper message about compute shaders not supported. Well you can use entities without Graphics package, but you need to write your own rendering solution (and on such GPU it definitely wouldn't be performant and wouldn't have a great scale), or use game objects and transfer data back and forth.