Search Unity

Question no shadows on static Object after Lightbaking

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Unlogical-Game-Studios, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Unlogical-Game-Studios

Unlogical-Game-Studios

Hey, I baked my light map, but now I have no shadows on some Objects, but most of then are receiving and causing shadows with the same Settings(they are literally the same, just copy pasted then).
    I ask me, what did I wrong? Should I increase max. Lightmap Size?

unfortunately, I can't increase Lightmap Resolution, cause if I do, my Computer keeps crashing, so this is hopefully not the solution for this Problem.

in the annex I postet some pictures with 2 of the walls, one with shadows, and one without, showing that they have the same material, settings and are both static and my light bake settings.

Greetings

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Looks like you are copying and pasting one sided planes, with backface culling turned off in the material settings (Render Face set to Both). The bright plane is simply picking up the lighting from the bluish room, while your material mirrors the front face to the back face.
    Model some extrusion to your meshes so that they are not one sided. Or, set the Render Face to Front, and duplicate the meshes to form a wall.