Search Unity

No shadows in android build

Discussion in 'Android' started by ZartApp, Jun 19, 2018.

1. ZartApp

ZartApp

Has anyone experienced any issue with real time lighting for Android projects? I have tried the following

Direction Light with : Hard Shadows, Very High Resolution, default everything else

Project Settings/ Quality : Hard and soft shadows, Very High resolution, shadow distance = 50, default everything else

All settings in Lighting as default (except changing environment source to colour)

Cast and receive shadows is on for every object

Phones : Xiaomi mi 6 and Samsung galaxy s4 mini

And the damn thing still won't work, any ideas

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

You are probably editing a different quality level than the one that is used. Open quality settings and notice that in each column one of the check marks is green. This is the default quality setting for that platform. Make sure that the quality level which you are editing is set as default for Android platform (you can do that by clicking on the "arrow down" in "Default" line).

ShamimAkhter and ZartApp like this.
  3. ZartApp

ZartApp

My quality settings.

Attached Files:

4. ZartApp

ZartApp

Hi, thanks for answer, but I tried different settings of the shadows, the shadows appeared, but after a while the shadows began to twitch (translated using Google Translate)

5. AxPetre

AxPetre

Shadows are a problem on some mobile devices (like Samsung Galaxy S4). What I discovered is that shadows can disappear or become truncated when there are very large shadow receiver objects (like terrains).

ecv80 likes this.