Search Unity

No Seat Trail biking game [wip]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by khos, Sep 13, 2016.

1. khos

khos

Hi Folks,
    Can I ask for your input on the following screenshots, do they look of a good quality game to you?
    Would you either play it, pay for it? :)
    I would appreciate your feedback:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

2. khos

khos

Some more, including gym area where you build up biking stamina/strength. 11.jpg
    River area (wip): 6.jpg
    Can you clear the little gap: 7.jpg
    Hooked onto front wheel: 8.jpg
    Don't break the tape or you get 5 points:
    10.jpg

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Seems like a pretty niche game to me.
    I might consider playing a demo - but probably wouldnt pay for the game. Just not my type of entertainment.
    Looks pretty nice though. The No Seat text in the first image looks like aliased - jaggies on the edges.

Would need to see a gameplay trailer to provide any more feedback.

4. khos85

khos85

Many thanks for having a look, yes I totally agree it is a niche type game/sport, I don't expect this game to be a huge hit really, but I can hope and work on it..mainly doing it for the love of the sport.
    It is still in development, trying to get the look and feel right currently, along with physics. No real content yet, that is coming, but I can share some gameplay (just a basic cube level really, testing the breaking of tape /ropes if bike crosses/touches them):

Maybe this is a bit unique, I'm also working on a gym area where you'll need to do weights/exercise, this will build up your strength to do bigger moves (pedal gaps etc) and longer stamina for certain moves:

Note this game is still in early development stages, proper levels/scenes are coming, but wanted to ask for your input on how it looks so far. Do you think the physics look acceptable (bearing in mind I have not used any wheel colliders at all)?

Thanks, again or your feedback, really appreciate that.

5. khos

khos

Just been working more on this :)
    Feedback most welcome.

Testing tape, walk the course, gym, bike setup, wheel grind, , turning handlebar, some riding:

6. virror

virror

Looking nice so far, i think the idea is great : )
    Just be cautious with how you implement the gym, you dont want it to be something the player just have to click to advance. Gyms work well in games where you have a certain time to spend on tasks each day, but just having a gym for the sake of it might feel just like a roadblock for the player.

7. khos

khos

Cool, thanks for your feedback virror! Gym helps to build the rider's stamina, to last longer when on bike, I'll have to work on the the idea a bit more maybe.

8. virror

virror

I get the basic idea of the gym, you just need to make sure its not a feature that feels to forced and to grindy : )

9. khos

khos

Got it, you can still ride the bike without going to the gym, in fact the more you ride the stamina goes up too, just adding that gym as novel way to "get fit" quicker, he he. thanks again for your input , much appreciated. Any other feedback/input is most welcome.

10. khos

khos

Added random chain snaps and punctures. Starting to add sounds, incl. brake sounds.
    Testing some new balancing code, try to complete a basic course without breaking the tape:

11. khos

khos

Messing about with new Rider IK or physics and 20 inch bike. Now turns head and body if moving sideways, backwards, sidehop or body forward with pedal kick:

12. khos

khos

I am really pleased to have Multi-player working after long last, still some details to sort out like wheel sizes and optimising to do, but it's there :) , if anyone can give any tips / scripts on how to use custom player objects with the unet networkmanager (overrise addplayer?) I would love to hear from you! This has been a good learning experience for Multi player so far for me.

13. khos

khos

Level Editor added, allows to save and share your own levels with anyone:

Added character customisation (male or female), oh man look the dude's body:

14. khos

khos

Some screnshots, Almost ready for release. If anyone would like a free Steam beta key , test and provide feedback please let me know.
    5asd.jpg a2.jpg s3.jpg sdasd6.jpg sss1.jpg

15. khos

khos

I think it's ready to share with the big wide world, but as early access/beta.

Do you want to help, or get a free copy?
    I'm looking for beta testers, I've got a few steam keys to hand out, so if you are interested, either contact me here or via Steam (Steam preferred as it is easier if you add me as friend there) and I'll be very happy to give you a key, who would say no to a free game? :)
    What I would ask is if you beta test, is you to give me feedback on the game, good, bad, or suggestions, so I can improve it as needed. Especially with the multiplayer, I want to see how that will behave when others are using this.
    Note: I'm only one indie developer doing this in my spare time currently, there is no team of people working on this all day long, but I want to get it working well.

Spec of computer I tested with (On full HD I get 60FPS to 100 FPS depending on quality settings):
    Intel i5 2.8ghz CPU, 8gb ram but 4gb os ok, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Graphics card, disk space about 1.4Gb.
    Also tested machine with integrated graphics INTEL HD4000 but performance was not great.. main thing to consider will be your graphics card, the better spec will make for better gameplay.

Some features:
    -Aim to emulate trail biking, like no other game/simulation has before :)
    -Complete courses in time limit.
    -Walk around the scene/course, then ride.
    -Get Highscores.
    -Bike and Rider Physics/movement.
    -Random foot down/dabs and chain breaks.
    -Dabs/Foot down also depends on stamina, 5 Dabs means session over.
    -Courses are taped off just like in real life, if you break the tape with your bike/wheel the session is over.
    -Bailing off bike (considering to remove the blood effect in case kids want to play).
    -Bike setup area, geo adjust, grind wheel, chain tension/brake adjust, choose wheel size 20/26 inch.
    -Custom rider/helmet area, you can choose between male and female characters.
    -Gym area, you need to go to gym to build up stamina for longer back wheel hopping.. as you play more you also loose some stamina, so need to visit gym again.
    -Multiplayer, now you'll be able to ride with friends from your PC.
    -Level editor, you can create your own levels, save/share those with anyone. Anyone for a 100 meter drop off? :)
    -Help section to explain how the game works.
    Coming soon:
    -More levels, some more "UCI" style levels are on their way, need to optimise those, make sure they get high performance.
    -Customisable keys layout.
    Known issues:
    -Some characters in gym need animation smoothing.
    -Sometimes with steering the frontwheel does not have "grip" and does not turn as expected,
    -There maybe key combos that make the bike do crazy things, I have tried to test these but you may find a new one :)

I hope you will enjoy it and like the features.

See some screenshots:

Thanks for looking, any feedback is welcome, let me know if you want a free steam beta key.

16. khos

khos

Adding trailer for steam page:

17. khos

khos