Search Unity

no revenue

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mostafa888, Mar 30, 2016.

1. mostafa888

mostafa888

i have 48 Completed Videos form United States and my revenue still 0.0$

anyone can help me to know why my revenue don't increase ?

Attached Files:

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

As written in a private message, please contact our support for these cases (https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/help/contact) as it requires a closer look at the numbers behind. Without actually being involved in the analytics part of ads (revenue calculations), my guess is that it usually takes more than 48 views to generate revenue...

Thanks,
    Rasmus

3. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Thanks, @rasmus-unity!

@mostafa888, keep in mind we recommend a minimum of 5000 impressions before we can effectively analyze performance for your game. Your current completed view count of 48 is still very low.

Also, I'd recommend reading through this recent thread. It looked as though he was doing everything right, but still wasn't generating much revenue. There was one very important thing I overlooked, though.

In this case the user had specified with his project that he was targeting children under the age of 13, which is a setting we have in place for COPPA compliance. When this setting is enabled, we are not able to use behavioral tracking to serve ads that are more relevant to users on a user specific basis. This can have a significant impact on performance.

If your game is not specifically targeting children under the age of 13, DO NOT enable this setting.

4. laxarus

laxarus

Hi,
    I have a question about the COPPA compliance.
    My game is is rated 3+ but it is not specifically targeting children under 13.
    unity-nikkolai says above : If your game is not specifically targeting children under the age of 13, DO NOT enable this setting.
    So am i recommended to choose the option "The game is NOT directed to children under the age of 13 in the US", even though it is false?
    Also what kind of ecpm boost could i expect from this? I just released an update on my game with Unity ads and although still very early i am seeing an ecpm of 0.8$. Could this switch in age designation give a 1000% boost in revenue to reach normal ecpms?

Thanks!

5. FritzH

FritzH

Developer Relations

Correct.

We recommend that you leave COPPA compliance disabled unless your game specifically targets an audience under 13.

Games for all ages are not required to enable COPPA compliance.

We can't say how much your monetization will be affected, since user quality is different for each publisher, but it is a measurable difference in revenue.

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  6. laxarus

laxarus

Ok, thanks!
    I switched the setting in the editor and it has been updated in the ads dashboard.
    Do i need to rebuild/update the apk or was that it?

7. FritzH

FritzH

Developer Relations

As long as Ads is enabled with the correct game ID in your game, there's no need to rebuild the project.

You should be good to go.

8. maidamedia

maidamedia

How is it possible to clear COPPA settings?

9. laxarus

laxarus

What worked for me was in the editor went to Services/Age designation and changed the setting

10. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Once it's set, you won't be able to clear or change it. We are working on a solution that will allow you to do this, though. The limitation has to do with how we're handling the data, which we're in the process of changing to be more flexible in these cases. You should see changes in how COPPA is set within the next month or so.

11. laxarus

laxarus

That is weird to hear unity-nikkolai.
    I was able to change the setting after it had been set.
    In the editor, Services/Age designation, switched choice, pressed Save Changes.
    In the Details page of the Ads dashboard it was then switched to "Target audience : Not directed to Children Age 13 and Younger".
    From what you say above though i am not really sure if this has actually taken effect or not...

Also i am starting to get a bit worried because i updated my game on android to use unity ads 4-5 days ago and after around 30.000 impressions i am seeing an eCPM of 1.15$ which is much lower than expected. It went up to 1.2$ from 0.45$ and now it is going down again...I have around 20K DAU and only rewarded ads sparsely through the game so i don't believe it is a matter of people overusing them.
    i can share a screenshot of the stats page if that would help.

12. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

@laxarus: You're right! This must be a recent change, within the past couple of weeks or so. Previously, if the Ads services was enabled for a project, this setting would be locked to whatever you set it to the first time. This can now be changed on the project level in the Services window, and I can verify that this does in fact update this setting for each Unity Ads game ID associated with the project as well. Thanks for pointing this out!

Send an email to adops@unity3d.com along with your game IDs so that we can look up the stats for your game.