Search Unity

no revenue from ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by OsamaDeep, Jun 22, 2016.

1. OsamaDeep

OsamaDeep

hello,
    i wonder is there is anything i did wrong, the ad is override test mode and its life and show real ads, but there is no income from them.
    any idea?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      4.5 KB
      Views:
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

3. arkanis50

arkanis50

This whole "5000" impressions thing is difficult - do you really want to put your game out there and market it to get the 5000 impressions just to see what you might get out of Unity Ads. Maybe $1? From everything I'm reading on these forums it doesn't really seem like a viable option in comparison to AdMob and the like... I want to support Unity but the figures seem low. I'm kind of in the camp that the Crossy Road revenue figures were highly inflated to make their ad solution viable.

Also have you guys considered a subscription tier where you can use Unity for free, get some extra benefits like the $35 a month, but in turn the developer gives you 5% of their Unity ad revenue? $35 a month is still too much for an indie developer who wants to contribute IMO.

Pratiksh and Deleted User like this.
  4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. If you have followed the comments and general discussion around recent pricing changes, I don't think we're going to open up that topic again for a while ;)
    (However personally I have met many indies for which Unity's pricing model is more clear than e.g. 5% revenue share, i.e. you know the cost up front. So pros and cons)

And from the monetization FAQ linked above, you'll also see that expected revenue should be in 6-12 USD range when using Unity Ads.

Btw, from screenshot above, seems you are looking at stats from Analytics dashboard. Which number do you get from https://dashboard.unityads.unity3d.com ? (ofc they should be in sync, but Analytics can be a little behind on their calculations)

/Rasmus

5. OsamaDeep

OsamaDeep

seem its another values here. but i dont understand them well

Attached Files:

6. orhan-boz41

orhan-boz41

7. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

My numbers with 5000+ impressions (unity ads 2/04/2018)
    5323 impressions :)
    $2.62 revenue :confused:
    $0.49 eCPM :(

8. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

9. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Hello,
    They have a extra life if see a video, and my traffic is ftom Latinoamerica mostly..

10. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Please contact our support at unityads-support@unity3d.com with your game id etc, so they can take a closer look at possible reasons for this.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

mindfulmx likes this.
  11. DaveMApplegate

DaveMApplegate

If you don't mind, I'd love to play your game and see how you integrated the ads. I'm looking into Unity as an Ad platform w/ HeyZapp and most people I've spoken w/ have had much higher eCPMs.

https://www.appodeal.com/reports

You might find that helpful : )

Cheers,

Dave

mindfulmx likes this.
  12. mindfulmx

mindfulmx