Search Unity

No revenue from ads shown to players from some countries

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by GoGoLoN, Nov 26, 2017.

1. GoGoLoN

GoGoLoN

Hello!
    I'm having some trouble with my game. I receive some revenue from impressions from countries like USA, Singapur, Brazil etc, although the amount of impressions from these countries is pretty small (< 200). Current ecpm is about 2$. My ads are shown to a lot of players from India, Mexico and some other countries (each country has 500-700 impressions so far). I got 0.00$ revenue from these. What's the problem? Will it change after getting 5000 impressions?

[PS] I can't add ANY tags to the thread.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Seems like you so far only have had traffic on your game for a few days? In that case, can you wait a few more days, and if the revenue numbers still are low, ping us again.

Also, it's normal that eCPM is lower in the mentioned countries, compared to e.g. US.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

3. GoGoLoN

GoGoLoN

Yes, the game has had bigger traffic for a few days. I will wait few days and let you know what happens then. Thanks for your reply.

4. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

UnityAds seems to have mostly CPI campaigns (cost per install), so don't be surprised if you got nothing from only impressions.
    Example here (4961 rewarded videos completed for tier2 NZ => 0$) : https://forum.unity.com/threads/rea...deos-0-6-ecpm-really-low.394996/#post-2873340

5. GoGoLoN

GoGoLoN

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  6. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

Don't rely on this FAQ, it's not the reality.
    "as low as $3 in non-English speaking countries" is totally bullshit.
    "as low as $0.3 in non-English speaking countries" is more realistic
    Even the "average 6$" seems to be extremely difficult to get unless you have a ultra popular game downloaded millions of times.
    Your only chance to increase your Ecpm is to have players installing the games after the ads (and not only visionning the ads). It's a far more difficult task than to let them get a reward after an impression (and you will get nothing most of the time for this).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  7. GoGoLoN

GoGoLoN

So, should I switch to AdMob? It's getting even worse, my current ECPM (last 24h) equals 0.5$... that's nothing. I feel a bit confused, I decided to use Unity Ads because it seemed to pay as much as other networks (I was relying on the FAQ). To clarify, I have still not received anything from impressions from India...