Search Unity

No realtime lights after bake with Progressive Lightmapper (5.6.0f3)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by clamchoda, Apr 26, 2017.

1. clamchoda

clamchoda

(5.6.0f3, Forward)

Is anyone else noticing non-static objects are not casting real-time shadows from mixed lighting (directional) after creating the lightmap with progressive?

Switching Lightmapper back to Enlighten does not have this issue. Static objects are baked into the lightmap, while dynamic objects receive real-time light (all from one directional light).

Is this my lack of knowledge with the progressive lightmapper or is it just early in 5.6?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    JamesArndt likes this.
  2. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I think I'm having the same problem. After a Progressive Lightmapper bake, the Directional Light I have doesn't affect the environment geometry any longer (expected) because the lighting is now baked. However when I hit Play and spawn in my racing kart, it no longer receives real time light from that Directional Light (even though it's set to Mixed).

3. StuntFriar

StuntFriar

I've been having the same problem on Unity 5.6.3p4.

My partial workaround was to have a duplicate of my directional light but the culling mask set to only light my dynamic objects. Unfortunately, none of my static objects receive dynamic shadows with this solution. Having this duplicate directional light affect everything brings back the shadows but all my static (baked) objects end up having double expose (are twice as bright as they should be).

Any idea if this has been fixed in 2017.1? I'm still stuck with 5.6 due to some platform constraints.