Search Unity

No "publish" menu and no "WebGL Publisher" in package manager

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JankTho, Jan 22, 2021.

1. JankTho

JankTho

I have been trying to resolve this problem for what seems like ages.
    In the Unity Hub all my installs have WebGL Build Support and in Build Setting WebGL is there and I have switched to it showing the Build button and I have searched in the Package Manager for WebGL Publisher but it just isn't there and as a result I don't have the Publish menu so I can't publish online to be able to complete my tutorials. I would really appreciate any help as everything I find is everyone getting passed this by merely installing from the package manager and that just isn't a solution for me unfortunately. Thanks for you time.

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Unfortunately even if you were to get that package working, Unity Connect is being shut down next month. Now may be a good opportunity to learn how to host your game on a different platform.

leo_HW and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. Valjuin

Valjuin

upload_2021-1-22_15-52-9.png

4. Mauri

Mauri

It says on Connect that "all WebGL content will be available on the Play platform". The Manual page of the
    WebGL Publisher
    also mentions Play.

@OP Inside the Package Manager, have you made sure that you've selected Unity Registry from the Packages drop-down menu? (see Installing from a registry)

5. JankTho

JankTho

I'm all for it and in all honestly I am perfectly okay not doing it but to get 100% in these tuts it doesn't seem much a way around it. I do hope they change that soon then. Thanks

HerbsUnity and solsolet like this.
  6. JankTho

JankTho

yes, I even tried everything else as well lol I was desperate even if it had like a 5% chance I was confused and it might be somewhere seemingly nonsensical I searched and searched and it just isn't there. But, on the bright side, it looks like
    Valjuin's solution was exactly what is needed to get the package as it's no where to be found in the package manager. Thank you a ton for your help though!

7. JankTho

JankTho

This is the solution. Thank you so much and I am guessing this is a common thing as it seems like the tuts for noobs is wrong and that just seems like a fundamental problem that I am sure causes a lot of these posts I'm guessing. too bad there wasn't a way to make some of these post stand out more in the searches. I really appreciate your time. Thank you much!

8. EdMSL

EdMSL

9. netluke

netluke

10. Danzig360

Danzig360

11. LarsGr

LarsGr

Valjuin saved my day :)

12. burakshafak

burakshafak

thanks man!

13. salsabilalailyrahma95

salsabilalailyrahma95

Thanks Valjuin. You're my life saver.

14. GanSea

GanSea

15. Helg1

Helg1

16. Bernaz89

Bernaz89

Thank you so much!

17. AndreiRares145

AndreiRares145

18. loveunitydev

loveunitydev

Just a heads up, I tutor students with Unity. We are using 2020.3 - because most of the Unity Learn tutorials use that.
    It's hit or miss whether the WebGL publisher package will be listed in the Unity Registry of the Package Manager. I have no idea what stops it from being populated.

The 100% fix is to follow Valjuin's instructions and chose the "Add Package from git URL..." option. What works everytime is to use the URL com.unity.connect.share. Another poster said to add @4.1 or @4.2 but I don't think that is needed - those are designations for Unity documentation.

pjrobot likes this.
  19. loveunitydev

loveunitydev

I do want to add that there is a "manual" way to upload your projects to the Unity Play site if the WebGL publisher package doesn't work. You build and run your WebGL app, zip up the WebGL folder, and upload it directly via the little upload button in the top right corner of the Unity Play site.

20. Art_3_miz

Art_3_miz