Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

No PS4 / console support? [Resolved]

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by hippocoder, May 29, 2018.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Hi,

Just a general question - will analytics support more than the list shown here? we are getting to the point where we would like to be tracking what players do in order to balance gameplay.

upload_2018-5-29_13-20-38.png

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

And one more question - Analytics doesn't fall foul of GDPR does it?

3. orb

orb

Even letting players submit highscores seems to invoke the GDPR, so I'm certain analytics (which could include actual location data) is a new level of pain in this whole mess.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

We do not have immediate plans for console support. There are several threads with regard to GDPR and Unity Analytics on this forum.

hippocoder likes this.
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Thanks, so that means it's useless to me post launch. Probably should just use it for heatmaps in testing or something.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

@hippocoder Are you referring to console support (the subject of this thread) ? If this is with regard to GDPR, it would be best to start a new thread or use the existing conversations.

hippocoder likes this.
  7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Yes! sorry I wasn't clear - I'm just disappointed that it wasn't ported to PS4, but it's understandable that you would have very little demand for it there vs other platforms.

Reading the giant GDPR thread now as well :)