Search Unity

[SOLVED] No prompt to insert into Gear VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Xezlec, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Xezlec

Xezlec

Hello,

This is my first time trying to use Unity. I can make a minimal "game" that works in the editor, and appears to work in Daydream/Cardboard mode on Android. But when I build it with only Oculus support enabled in player settings (Daydream and Cardboard removed), it starts up on the phone with one big "eye view" instead of two, and does not prompt me to insert the device into the Gear VR, like it is supposed to. I've tried inserting it into the Gear VR anyway but that just brings up Oculus home. What am I doing wrong?

2. mgear

mgear

3. Xezlec

Xezlec

4. Xezlec

Xezlec

Solved it! I had to disable and then re-enable VR in the player settings. I didn't realize Unity was that flaky. Now I know. Will frequently try turning features off and then back on again whenever they don't seem to be working from now on.

5. CalvinCorbeck

CalvinCorbeck

Thanks, that helped me as well. Weird there is just this post about basic project setup, but at least this works now.

6. Aracon

Aracon

Had similar problem: no prompt to insert into Gear VR, app looked like for Cardborad (image for two eyes immediately after starting the app).
    Removed "Oculus" from list of XR libraries (Unity showed progress bar of some updates) and added again (Unity again showed progress bar). Problem disappeared.
    Thank you for the hint.