Search Unity

No progress bar for 'downloading from cache server' any more with ADB2

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by isaac-ashdown, Jan 29, 2020.

1. isaac-ashdown

isaac-ashdown

Hi!
    We've got the Accelerator up and running with ADB2 and 2019.3.0f6 and it's all fine - except there's no progress bar in the Editor. When our project is cloned and started for the first time, I can see in windows task manager that the editor is downloading the Library from our cache server, but there's no user feedback. This leads users to think that the editor has crashed and force-close it, when actually it's working fine. Could we get this progress bar back please?

2. bradunity

bradunity

We are actively working on fixing some threading issues that prevents the new pipeline from reporting its progress. Once complete, we'll add a visual indicator to help users know that the downloads are progressing.

isaac-ashdown likes this.
  3. isaac-ashdown

isaac-ashdown

Thanks for the info, Brad. Any ETA when this will arrive? Hopefully in 2019.4 at the latest. I have to explain to my colleagues on a weekly basis that no, unity hasn't crashed, you just have to wait - a fresh Import takes about 20 mins to download the Library.

4. bradunity

bradunity

No, it will not land in 2019.4 as that's an LTS release and will only include bug fixes–no new features like this. We don't have an ETA do to the fixes needed for how the threading is done.