Search Unity

Bug No Post Process in build game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by valentin56610, Dec 28, 2022.

1. valentin56610

valentin56610

Hi there

Working on my second game and I am facing an odd issue

When in the editor, the post process works just fine, but as soon as I build the game (MacOS) the post process simply isn't part of the built game, like there is no FX whatsoever

Why is that?

Using Unity 2021.3.14f1 on MacOS and this happens both on MacOS and Windows (64 bits W10)

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Verify that the shaders involved are in Resources folder or explicitly inserted in the include shaders list in settings.

Also most common error (which i do many times as well because is easy to oversight) is choose a different Quality setting for build than used in editor, make sure the enabled build Quality is same (green in image above), as some low quality settings may have things disabled.

3. valentin56610

valentin56610

Hi, thanks for answering but I think it's just a Unity bug

I restarted Unity and now it works properly

However, Post Process will be excluded if I play in the scene BEFORE exporting, AND if I build from the scene

I had to create a brand new empty scene and upon opening the project build from there, if I don't do that Post Processing just doesn't work

That's not a me problem that's a Unity problem

4. HunterAhlquist

HunterAhlquist

Hey I saw your reply to that reddit about this! I'm on 2021.3.28 and this worked for me too.
    Super strange and stinks of a bug like you said.

valentin56610 likes this.
  5. valentin56610

valentin56610

Oh! Nice! I’m glad it did! I’m on 2021.3.25f at the moment and this is still an issue…

I’m glad I could find a workaround but it would be great if we could have some light/explanation from a Unity dev!

HunterAhlquist likes this.