Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No Pixel Perfect when at 1x zoom; only when at 2x.

Discussion in '2D' started by CarterG81, Apr 24, 2020.

1. CarterG81

CarterG81

I have a reference of 960x540 (half 1080p).
    My monitor is 2560x1440. I do not use Stretch Fill, so the black borders appear around as the pixels are rendered perfectly.

Yet they aren't rendered perfectly at 1x zoom (960x540).
    Only at 2x zoom (1920x1080p).

no pixel perfect.png

I'm not sure if this is related to my other issue or not. The issue where Unity always renders in a sortof Borderless Windowed Mode (true fullscreen becoming deprecated with the removal of DX9?) but perhaps - if Unity is rendering at 1x and then distorting the image by enlarging the 720p x1 to 2560x1440 (Stretch Fill) even though the borders are still there? It makes little sense.

In the Editor, all is fine. When I Build & Run, it does the above images in any resolution that is rendered in 1x.

project settings.png

What is going on with Unity & choosing the resolution / pixel perfect camera?

2. CarterG81

CarterG81

I am working off of very old knowledge from my work in Unity 5.

Apparently not only was DX9 removed in 2017, which at that time killed exclusive fullscreen, Unity was wonderful and brought it back (I have no idea when).

This past knowledge of this problem made me (stupidly) assume the option wasn't there, since DX9 removed it.

The option is there. And all problems solved by switching from "Fullscreen Window" to "Exclusive Fullscreen" (true fullscreen).

Exclusive Fullscreen.png