Search Unity

Question No Particle effects in Android build - Unity 2020.1

Discussion in 'Android' started by ChunkySoup, Nov 28, 2020.

1. ChunkySoup

ChunkySoup

I apologize as this is my first Android build in Unity. In PC or WebGL the particle effects work. If I double click the effects' prefab it does what it is supposed to do. However, and I have been searching for answers to this issue most of the day and coming up empty, if I run the game in the editor no particle effects, if I build and run on my phone, no particle effects. I am using Unity 2020.1 but when I built the game it was in 2018.4. I couldn't update the SDK so I copied the project and then opened it in 2020.1. I did notice that I had to reconnect the particle effects to the game objects but even when that is complete, no effects in the editor (when playing) and no effects on build. I have been through project settings and player settings and I honestly don't know what I am looking at. I tried reading the documentation but its over my head in jargon for the most part. I am assuming there is a setting I need to set or unset but I don't know.

I did see one comment from Unity 5.3 where they changed the Shader on the Prefab to Mobile and additive but that changed more things that I am unfamiliar with and I was afraid to break it beyond repair. I am not adding screen shots as everything is set as default.

Edit: I created some screen capture videos showing the difference between PC and Android with the only difference being switching platforms.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. VaidasM

VaidasM

Unity Technologies

Hey ChunkySoup,

There could be some incompatibilities with the Particle System due to the rather sizeable version leap. The easiest solution would be having the values copied manually to a newly created particle system. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any other potential solution.