Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No packages is showing except the installed one when offline.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by DaddyJr, Nov 27, 2020.

1. DaddyJr

DaddyJr

so the old package manager (that has "all packages" tab) works fine in offline but the current package manager does not work offline, it only shows the installed package. How can I make it work like before?

Edit: I mean the built-in packages.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  2. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @kissanima,

This sounds like the expected behaviour - if you are offline then you won't be able to fetch info about the latest package versions or install new packages from the "Unity Registry" list so we can only show you what's already installed. It might be that in the previous Package Manager window, we showed you packages that you had cached? i.e. you had downloaded those packages in the past but they weren't installed in your project. If that's the case, I believe the design has changed since then as we always want up-to-date information for the "Unity Registry" list

3. DaddyJr

DaddyJr

I mean it does not show the built-in packages.
    example I want to install post processing stack v2 but since I'm offline then I wouldn't be able to browse the built-in packages.

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

If the `Built-In` packages page is not visible in offline mode then there's indeed a bug there. Could you please log a bug report for us so we can look into this?