Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No option to bind buttons outside of keyboard

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Kmsxkuse, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Kmsxkuse

Kmsxkuse

Hello, I was trying to bind my mouse inputs using the input actions UI. However, no options other than the keyboard buttons showed up.

upload_2019-10-18_23-15-5.png

Additionally, the default mapping to buttons other than [Keyboard] do not work. Manually typing in the path to get <Mouse>/leftButton doesnt work as well.

Using the old Input to get the mouse key down still works though, meaning the mouse can be detected by unity. But not this new system. How do I fix this?

2. Yecats

Yecats

I ran into this once, though I can't recall under the exact circumstances that it happened. I do recall that the issue was the properties that I had set for my Action. What do those values look like for you?

EDIT: Another place to check is whether you setup Supported Devices in Project Settings > Input System Package. If you added "Keyboard" but not "Mouse" then this will cause the list to filter down. (You can leave it empty for all input options):

Example.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Kmsxkuse likes this.
  3. Kmsxkuse

Kmsxkuse

Ah yes, thank you. That fixed it.

Yecats likes this.
  4. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Have found myself being confused several times about why controls are not showing. Only to then realize the source of the filtering.

I've added a ticket for us to take a look how we can make this clearer. IMO there should at least be an indication *that* filtering is going on. And maybe a way to disable it with a simple toggle in the picker. Or something like that.