Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

No more Linux installers?

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by mosaic_school, Oct 7, 2018.

1. mosaic_school

mosaic_school

There weren't any new posts in the Unity on Linux: Release Notes and Known Issues thread for a while. Is there another place where I can find the downloads?

I know we have the Unity-Hub but that doesn't allow downloading older versions and on one of my Ubuntu notebooks I can't install win/mac build platforms.

2. spacepluk

spacepluk

If you're on Arch Linux I'm still updating the AUR packages with the new versions from unityhub.

tom_wor and mosaic_school like this.
  3. mosaic_school

mosaic_school

Intend to stay with Ubuntu but really nice for Arch users!

Also I found out that the module installation works with 7z installed:

sudo apt install p7zip-full p7zip-rar

4. jonathan-ramos

jonathan-ramos

Thanks for sharing!

I had the same problem. After installing 7zip, the Unity Hub installs the Android Build Support correctly.

5. S4MA3L

S4MA3L

I have been trying to install unity editor on my Manjaro OS PC through unity hub. But it shows not enough space to download and install required packages even though I have more that enough space on the specified location.

6. jooleanlogic

jooleanlogic

The files are initially downloaded to temp storage here '/tmp/unityhub-*' before being installed to your specified location so you have to have enough space on the root drive, irrespective of the location you're installing it to.

7. S4MA3L

S4MA3L

If that's the problem, if there any way to increase the size of my root partition. I am dual booting Manjaro with Windows 10, and I used the replace partition option during installation.

8. jooleanlogic

jooleanlogic

Possibly but I think it depends on what kind of partitioning you set linux up with as to whether you can dynamically resize it. I'm not a linux afficionado though. Maybe open up gparted and see what your options are.

Just how small is your root partition? It might be easier to just move a bunch of stuff off it to do the install and then move it back. Also try just install the base editor without any other packages. It's only about 1.6gb.

9. S4MA3L

S4MA3L

I too am not much of a Linux expert. Now that I have no option to expand the root partition, I think the only option would be to change the location to which the files are downloaded temporarily. I still am not sure how to, but it might work. And I already tried installing base editor. Even that won't download.

10. jooleanlogic

jooleanlogic

If you can't even download the base then you must be nearly out of space or maybe the problem is something else.
    Open up a terminal and run the command lsblk
    This lists your drives and sizes. Your root drive has a mountpoint of just /
    How big is it?

Also I think others have raised this problem before so do a search on this forum and you might find another solution.

11. S4MA3L

S4MA3L

I found the solution to the problem that I was having. The error popped up because, my /tmp partition had a size of 1 gb and that was almost filled up. Once I found out the problem I did
    sudo mount -o remount,size=required size /tmp . and that solved my problem.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

unityunity