Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

No longer able to update WebGL zip on existing project in Unity Connect.

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Kaliadder, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Kaliadder

Kaliadder

A few months ago I had uploaded a game to https://connect.unity.com/, but at some point it just stopped working. Now when I go to the link, I see a solid white screen except for the words: "Woops! Internal server error. Please contact connect@unity3d.com. We will get back to you ASAP." I have emailed, but no response. Ever.

I'm now in the process of trying to comb thru code and do multiple uploads to figure out why. I seem to recall several months ago that I could re-upload my zip file to the same game project on the Unity site (steps: Go to my connect page, find my game, click on "Edit project", re-upload zip file on edit page). But now I'm not seeing the option. Do I have to effectively create a new post every single time I want to update my game? Or am I missing an option here?

2. Mal_Duffin

Mal_Duffin

I was hoping to use Unity Connect to upload a build of our game. I had tested it out about 6 months ago.

A few issues I'm seeing...

1) It seems that the "WebGL Publisher", that uploads your WebGL build to Unity Connect, was there in 2019.x when I last tested, but isn't available in the newer 2020.x.

Is this being depreciated?

2) I tried to then zip up the folder of my build, and uploaded it. This seemed to upload OK, but the link wouldn't then play ( it works fine if I upload it to my own server ).

Do you zip up the containing folder of the game, or just the contents of that folder? ( eg for C:/Games/GameToZip/Assets - do I zip the folder C:/Games/GameToZip or do I select all files and folders within that folder and zip that?

3) Like Kaliadder above, I can't find a way to delete a project I had posted ( eg the one above, which didn't work - so I'm looking to delete a broken post )

Hope those questions make sense, and Kaliadders question gets answered as well!