Search Unity

No longer able to update WebGL zip on existing project in Unity Connect.

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Kaliadder, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Kaliadder

Kaliadder

A few months ago I had uploaded a game to https://connect.unity.com/, but at some point it just stopped working. Now when I go to the link, I see a solid white screen except for the words: "Woops! Internal server error. Please contact connect@unity3d.com. We will get back to you ASAP." I have emailed, but no response. Ever.

I'm now in the process of trying to comb thru code and do multiple uploads to figure out why. I seem to recall several months ago that I could re-upload my zip file to the same game project on the Unity site (steps: Go to my connect page, find my game, click on "Edit project", re-upload zip file on edit page). But now I'm not seeing the option. Do I have to effectively create a new post every single time I want to update my game? Or am I missing an option here?

2. Mal_Duffin

Mal_Duffin

I was hoping to use Unity Connect to upload a build of our game. I had tested it out about 6 months ago.

A few issues I'm seeing...

1) It seems that the "WebGL Publisher", that uploads your WebGL build to Unity Connect, was there in 2019.x when I last tested, but isn't available in the newer 2020.x.

Is this being depreciated?

2) I tried to then zip up the folder of my build, and uploaded it. This seemed to upload OK, but the link wouldn't then play ( it works fine if I upload it to my own server ).

Do you zip up the containing folder of the game, or just the contents of that folder? ( eg for C:/Games/GameToZip/Assets - do I zip the folder C:/Games/GameToZip or do I select all files and folders within that folder and zip that?

3) Like Kaliadder above, I can't find a way to delete a project I had posted ( eg the one above, which didn't work - so I'm looking to delete a broken post )

Hope those questions make sense, and Kaliadders question gets answered as well!