Search Unity

No Locales were available

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by juhanap, Feb 17, 2021.

1. hexdecc

hexdecc

same issue continue.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Did you read through the thread?
    Did any of the suggestions work for you?
    Have you built the addressable assets?
    Are you using the latest version 1.4.3?

3. hexdecc

hexdecc

any of them worked, i tried all of them

I resolved it by unchecking split by application binary inside player settings

karl_jones likes this.
  4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

This sounds like an Addressables bug. If you are able to reproduce it then we would appreciate a bug report https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

5. forestrf

forestrf

I think I found the reason of the bug.
    After enabling full exception support with stack tracing, I found out that inside the file
    com.unity.addressables\Runtime\ResourceManager\ResourceProviders\TextDataProvider.cs
    line 165 (may be different depending on the version, I'm using the latest version currently, 1.4.3 Localization, 1.21.9 Addressables), where it says:
    UnityWebRequest request = new UnityWebRequest(path, UnityWebRequest.kHttpVerbGET, new DownloadHandlerBuffer(), null);
    , up to this point the variable
    path
    holds the wanted URL, but inside UnityWebRequest it ends up with the Exception
    System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The URI is empty.

There must be a bug when using a string path. If instead we pass an URI, like this, it works:
    UnityWebRequest request = new UnityWebRequest(new Uri(path), UnityWebRequest.kHttpVerbGET, new DownloadHandlerBuffer(), null);

I replaced
    path
    with
    new Uri(path)

This may be the reason why it seems to work with different Unity versions, but I have no idea.

I'm sorry, I don't have time to make a bug report right now. I fixed it on my end though, by modifying that line in the addressables package.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
    karl_jones likes this.