Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

No Line Numbers in CallStack for Development Builds

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by alan-lawrance, Oct 22, 2019.

1. cchute

cchute

Any updates on this issue? Getting all 0s for line numbers in Unity Dashboard. Having Unity plus doesn't give the line numbers does it?

2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @cchute, I'm sorry that you're not seeing line numbers. Is your build using Mono for its scripting backend and set in the build settings to be a development build? Which platform is your build targeting?

3. cchute

cchute

@ryanc-unity I'm using Mono. It works fine when I set it to development build, but I was hoping to get the line numbers for the production builds that our players are playing. Is that not possible?

Thanks for your insight

-Carl

4. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

I'm afraid that Cloud Diagnostics does not currently support displaying line numbers for release builds at this time. It's a feature that is on our roadmap.

5. Wappenull

Wappenull

I want to add my finding to this thread. My case is different than OP's. But it is resolved to be something else. I think it would help some people who landed on this thread.

Symptom:
    My steam build will not print line number.
    I'm building locally, with Steamworks.NET, Unity 2019.3.15
    devbuild=on,
    scriptdebugging=on (actually this is not relevant, Unity will generate pdb in Data/Managed anyway)
    scripting back end = Mono
    everything else off.

Cause:
    Steam uploading will strip *.pdb by default.
    upload_2020-9-25_16-38-54.png
    In addition, it is appear to me that the standalone build will print line number IF and ONLY IF:
    pdb is present in Data/Managed, and dll pair it is associating has exactly matching DLL version. (built together)

Solution:
    You need to generate VDF file from SteamPipe build uploader, edit it to include pdb. And run the upload manually.

unityunity