Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved No lights enabled on the scene but the game view is brightly lit

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Deleted User, May 19, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's as you can see on the image, the light are disabled but the game view is lit instead of being completely dark.

Not so long ago, no lights on the scene meant that the scene and game views were completely dark, and it was perfect! no longer alas! Now the only light I can set up correctly is the spot, the others are unusable.

I suspect the fake light that was newly added to the scene view to contaminate the game view. Any solution about how to get rid of that light would be welcome, script, anything. And no, clicking on the bulb in the scene view is not the solution.

Capture d’écran_2021-05-19_18-44-29.jpg

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

My wild guess would be on the default "skybox" reflection probe. Check Lighting Settings window; maybe a default skybox probe got baked there. You can setup the material used for the default reflection probe there, or disable the default probe.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for your help @Aras; I took a look but nothing changed after I removed the skybox wherever it was in the lighting settings.

But, I just found out that the lights on the scene must have their intensity set to 0, and not be disabled, so that the scene becomes completely dark. In that case, toggling on and off the bulb on the scene view works.
    A bit weird if you ask me but once you know... :)

Capture d’écran_2021-05-22_14-25-28.jpg

Capture d’écran_2021-05-22_14-26-21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2021
  4. breylinlee

breylinlee

Thank you, it works for me. But if I remove the Light 2D component ( and no any light source exists on the scene), all those sprite-lit-default gameobjects become visible again. So I am confused: do I have to put a light source on every scene?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Removing a light or disabling it is the same thing. In that case a default light kicks in in the scene view so that you can see what you are doing.
    If you play the scene without any light source, everything should be dark in the game view so, to answer your question, yes, lights must be added to every scene.

6. breylinlee

breylinlee

Well, my situation is a bit different (I am using 2022.3.4f1c1). I find that If there isn't any light source on the scene view, all those sprite-lit-default objects are both visible on scene view and game view (yes, they are even visible on the game view, without light source). And once I add any light source (spot light, for example)on the scene, everything go dark instantly in the game view except the light.

I'm not sure if this is just my situation or if everyone is the same:(

Deleted User likes this.