Search Unity

no LightmapEditorSettings for final gather?

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by hippocoder, Aug 19, 2017.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

I want to untick Final Gather programatically for each scene via code using LightmapEditorSettings but all you've done is depreciate them without adding any replacement enabled property or similar.

So I'm a bit confused how to disable them via code as we do a lot of baking and none of the depreciated ones can be used and there's no replacement I can see..

Any tip is welcome as I'm probably honestly having a moment :)
    • I know they're depreciated
    • I want to know what I can do to untick final gather in code instead of manually

Background info: lots of scenes, inconsistent settings easily done by artist, lots of hours wasted.

2. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @hippocoder

That's a very valid use case but I'm trying to determine whether this parameter was exposed at all before within 5.x cycle. I can see that it was possible to change this setting in 4.x during Beast era but I couldn't find this setting at all during 5.x versions, here's an example from 5.4 page: https://docs.unity3d.com/540/Documentation/ScriptReference/LightmapEditorSettings.html

If it's really deprecated without a replacement, then we can file it as a bug. In that case, could you please specify which API you were using? Otherwise we can do a feature request. Thank you in advance for the clarification.

QA Team

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Just the the LightmapEditorSettings API where everything else is under that panel :)

I am not in a rush, we just thought it was odd we couldn't access that thing. Thanks for getting back on this. It's more of a Unity completeness thing than anything else. Strange everything else in that section can be changed but not that.

Pretty sure someone just forgot.

unityunity