Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

No intellisense when open source file under Packages

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by Kichang-Kim, May 28, 2018.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi, I found that no intellisense (and syntax highlighting) when I open C# source file under Packages by double clicking in Editor.

My environment : Unity 2018.2.0b5, Visual Studio 2017 (15.7.2)

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please try to

- Remove all your autogenerated solution/project files, and the ".vs" folder.
    - Regenerate

If you still encounter the issue please submit a bug report at https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com

3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

I tried regeneration .vs and related files, but it not works.

It seems that the files under C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages are not included to auto-generated solution, so it can't show types in UnityEngine.dll. The types on same file are correctly highlighted.

Is this intended behaviour?

4. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Kichang-Kim,

Files in the package cache are not included to the auto-generated solution by design (because they can't/shouldn't be modified). However we plan to add hints to the generated VS solution/projects to help VS find the source code for assemblies, which I believe might fix the issue in your situation. Unfortunately I have no ETA yet, but improved IDE usability is on our radar.

dnnkeeper and Kichang-Kim like this.