Search Unity

Resolved No Input Devices Recognized? (2020.2.0b4)

Discussion in 'Input System' started by NotaNaN, Sep 29, 2020.

1. NotaNaN

NotaNaN

After upgrading to the newest Beta release (2020.2.0b4), no Input Devices are recognized. (I have checked the Input Debugger, and according to it this seems to be the problem).
    This happens in both the editor and in playmode.
    I've tried using the Verified 1.0.0 version and 1.1.0-preview.1 version of the package, and the problem occurs in both.

Is anybody else having this issue? :(

P.S. I have not tested this in-build.

EDIT 1: For the record — I downgraded successfully back to 2020.2.0b2 and checked the Input Debugger. All of my Input Devices are now showing up! I guess I won't be using 2020.2.0b4 for the time being. :(

EDIT 2: 2020.2.0b5 has been released! https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2020-2-0-beta-5-has-been-released.980889/

EDIT 3: Seems like @Slowin found the problem:
    I wish the Input System Package had its own tab in the Project Settings...
    It would have made finding this a lot easier. :c

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Dalton-Lima and XELF like this.
  2. Drazok

Drazok

I have the same problem. Upgraded from 2020.2.0b2 to 2020.2.0b4.
    After going back input system started to work. I don't have b3 so can't tell in which version it started.

3. thelebaron

thelebaron

i'm getting the same thing. seems like b4 has some breaking changes under the hood, ui toolkit package is another package that has problems with b4

4. NotaNaN

NotaNaN

Beta 5 has just been released!
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2020-2-0-beta-5-has-been-released.980889/

Not sure if it will fix the issues we are experiencing though... because I have not tried it yet.
    I might wait for Beta 6 at this point... :oops:

#NoTimeToUpdate

5. Slowin

Slowin

Tested Beta 5 now. In my case it still does not work. I simply cannot use my game anymore because of that...

NotaNaN likes this.
  6. Slowin

Slowin

Ok, the solution is simple. You have to change the Active Input Handling in "Project Settings" -> "Player".

This was somehow reset to the old Input Manager.

Drazok, Dalton-Lima and NotaNaN like this.
  7. Onat-H

Onat-H

Strangely I can't switch it to the new Input system anymore... the dropdown always jumps back to Input Manager (Old)

8. NotaNaN

NotaNaN

That's really weird.
    What version of the package are you using? (I'm using 1.0.0)
    What version of Unity are you using? (I'm assuming you are using 2020.2.0b4)

Try reinstalling the package using 2020.2.0b5 and see if that solves the issue. Other than that — there's not much I can say when it comes to troubleshooting. :(

If the problem still persists after all that, it might be wise to make a thread on it. I wanna mark this one as "solved" when I get the chance. :oops:

9. Drazok

Drazok

Thanks, forgot to check this setting. Looks like ProjectSetting.asset was changed in latest version that caused this.

Screenshot 2020-10-05 01.33.35.png

NotaNaN likes this.
  10. Onat-H

Onat-H

I'm on b5 with 1.0.0. I was able to solve it by changin it in the asset file directly instead of using the GUI, seems like I had an Issue with the UI. The Input itself works again now, thanks :)

NotaNaN likes this.