Search Unity

No IInputProvider or Cinemachine Input Provider in 2.6.0-preview.5

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Morchen, May 27, 2020.

1. Morchen

Morchen

Hey,

I can't seem to find the interface or the component in the package despite using the new input system.

Did it get lost or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
    Morchen

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Hi
    You may need to add Unity's Input System to enable this feature. Input System is an optional dependency of Cinemachine, so it is not added automatically.

Attached Files:

Pedreamer and schlingy like this.
  3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Also - you need 2.6.0-preview.6 or later :)

gaborkb likes this.
  4. Morchen

Morchen

Oh so it is not out yet?
    Package Manager doesn't show me a 2.6.0-preview6.

@gaborkb Thanks, but as I wrote I'm already using the new input system. :)

gaborkb likes this.
  5. Morchen

Morchen

gaborkb likes this.
  6. VI0L

VI0L

i'm also having this problem with the CM input provider.. i can't find it even though i've installed both CM and new Input System.
    does anyone how to solve this issue once and for all??

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Which version of CM do you have? It is there in the recent versions.

upload_2021-9-8_7-35-2.png

8. chris73it

chris73it

I have the same issue: I am running Unity 2021.3.4f1 and have both Cinemachine and the new Input System installed, but on an existing CM FreeLook camera that I exported from a 2021.1.16f1 project the component that should correspond to the CinemachineInputProvider appears as being missing, and if I try to AddComponent it from the Inspector, the search comes out empty, i.e. there appears to be no such component.
    I tried to go from the input system to be configured for Both to be New only, but - after a reboot - the CinemachineInputProvider still doesn't show up.
    Funnily enough, certain controls were still working while playing my game, but after I removed the CinemachineInputProvider component from the CM FreeLook virtual camera, and then did Ctrl-Z to undo the removal, it doesn't work any longer.

9. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You need to upgrade Cinemachine. 2.6.0 is very old. Take the latest from the package manager.

10. chris73it

chris73it

Hi Gregory, thank you for your reply.
    Are you saying that it is not supported to take a package from an older version, say 2021.1.16f1, and apply it to a newer version, say 2021.3.4f1? When I did it, I assumed that somehow Unity would managed to understand that the package is coming from an older version and perform the required conversions and upgrades. Am I mistaken?
    Thanks again!

11. chris73it

chris73it

OK, I think I see what is going on here: I was getting Cinemachine using "Packages: My Assets" instead of "Packages: Unity Registry", so I was getting Cinemachine version 2.1.10 instead of 2.8.6

This is a bit subtle if one is not super attentive: maybe Package Manager should be a bit more talkative about this being nearly for sure a mistake; in particular, if like in my case, I am using the latest 2021 LTS release.

Maybe Package Manager could say something like: Did you notice that there is a newer version of this same package (Cinemachine in this case) that you can obtain by setting the Packages to "Unity Registry"? Some like that.

inigo5897 and Gregoryl like this.