Search Unity

no gravity while running

Discussion in 'Animation' started by LouisFernandez, Oct 5, 2013.

1. LouisFernandez

LouisFernandez

hey,

i have a strange issue. In my first Project the Character is falling down when leaving the plane (while running)
    In the second Project the character can leave the plane but wont fall until he stops runnnig. Both projects are nearly similar.

i really losing my mind please help.
    Files: (Unity Export - its better to create 2 projects than importing both into one project)
    deleted

bg Louis

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. LouisFernandez

LouisFernandez

i was able to fix that strange issue. Although both projects used the same scripts and objects, i made the mistake by just copying the animation-fbx-files into my new project. So i lost some settings in the animation (for example "Root Transformation Rotation/Position"). After adjusting the old settings everything was working fine.

bg Louis

3. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Normally this is caused by not baking the Y axis into your character's animations so during animation gravity doesn't affect them. Well, that's what caused the problem for me in the past.

4. bluescrn

bluescrn

This, and the GravityWeight value/curve, are something that the docs should/could make a more clear, really. It's not at all obvious to a Mecanim beginner that the 'Bake into pose' checkbox also toggles gravity!