Search Unity

No GI (or Lightmaps) after a standalone build

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by eco_bach, Nov 15, 2016.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Hi
    I'm using a Forward Rendering Linear pipeline in Unity 5.4.1. I'm also using Precomputed Realtime GI and have fully baked my scene with all objects properly set to static. Everything looks perfect in both Scene and Game views!

However, after I build a standalone executable, and try and run it, its as though someone turned the lights off. I can see some ambient light but NONE of my lighting has baked. I did some googling and discovered a possible issue with prefabs and lightmaps
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/problems-with-instantiating-baked-prefabs.324514/page-4
    but I've gone ahead and 'broken' ALL my prefabs BEFORE I do my bake.

Is it possible it has something to do with the total size of all my textures or lightmaps?
    What are some troubleshooting steps?

Any help appreciated!!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Crossway and Ignacii like this.
  2. Mad-Monkey-Art

Mad-Monkey-Art

Have you tried enabling the 'auto' checkbox before you create your build?

Crossway likes this.
  3. bayerly

bayerly

Having this issue now, figured I'd mention that enabling Auto didn't fix the issue for me.

Crossway likes this.
  4. Crossway

Crossway

I have same issue. Anybody know how to fix?

5. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Hi

Can you show me your Lighting Settings? Also, I need to clarify that we don't actually bake any lightmaps when using Realtime GI. We have data in the Lighting Data Asset which together with the objects and the lights quickly bakes indirect lightmaps during runtime. So for example, when you go to your preview window and view the Realtime Indirect for example, that texture is generated on the fly and is dependant on how the lights and materials are. If you change the intensity or color of your lights, or the material of your static object, the lightmap will be regenerated and different. Hope that answers some of your questions, and lets discuss more once I know your settings.

/ Jennifer
    Lighting Team, Unity

Crossway likes this.
  6. Crossway

Crossway

That's weird for me why it should work nicely in the editor but not after building the game :confused:

Attached Files:

• GIS.png
      GIS.png
      File size:
      101.6 KB
      Views:
  7. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Would it be possible for you to make a very tiny example projects and file a bug to us? Seems like something a lot of people have issues with. Maybe it is a bug, or a workflow that isn't clear enough, but would be good to investigate.

Thanks!

Crossway likes this.
  8. Crossway

Crossway

I'm sorry It was a mistake on my side! I didn't mentioned when I'm working with multi-scene the light map settings will be saved on the active scene but I combined all the scenes inside another scene that didn't had lightmap enabled :oops::rolleyes:

Too bad we can't build multi-scene into one scene after building the game.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  9. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Glad to hear that you resolved it :) And yes, the multi-scene bit can be a bit tricky in terms of lighting, especially if it happens during runtime where don't have any warning etc.