Search Unity

No funciton to handle package rensend when it was lost in 'NetworkConnection.cs' file?

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by liuz223, Jun 5, 2019.

1. liuz223

liuz223

Seems like that when package was not acked by the other side after it was fall off the ack mask, function 'NotifyDelivered' in file 'NetworkConnection.cs' didn't handle the package resend operation. Is it a mistake or I understand it wrong?

Sorry my English is not very good, hope for your reply, thank you!

2. minibotan

minibotan

FPSSample uses UDP not TCP, so it not resends lost packages

3. Aquastar

Aquastar

In NotifyDelivered, reliable NetworkEvent will be re-added into eventsOut when fail to deliver.

4. liuz223

liuz223

It's not about the networking protocol it used, if you use UDP in gameplay, you have to handle the package lost issue (you have to make the UDP reliable). But I didn't see any code to do package resending in file "NetworkConnection.cs" or "NetworkClient.cs" or "NetworkServer.cs".

5. liuz223

liuz223

Yeah, I saw that, but I don't understand the NetworkEvent's duty. If you had read the file 'NetworkClient.cs' and 'NetworkServer.cs', you would see that they override function 'NotifyDelivered', and only the NetworkClient handle the 'ClientConfig' resending, and nothing else with the 'Command' or 'SnapShot', this is what I care about.

6. Aquastar

Aquastar

You can read callers of NetworkServer.QueueEvent and NetworkClient.QueueEvent. Chat messages, console commands, ... etc are all reliable.