Search Unity

No Footstep Audio When RagdollManager Enabled

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by arachai79, Sep 10, 2016.

1. arachai79

arachai79

New poster to the forums have been browsing them for a couple years now and have always found what I needed until now:

I have been following along with this tutorial series

and have updated the RagdollManager Script from the Root Motion Character tutorial from the same creator of the mentioned youtube link. I am having an issue figuring out how to get the footstep sounds to play with the ragdoll script on the player. Gunshots work fine. Footsteps work fine if I disable the RagdollManager script on the player. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have attached the scripts below (I don't know how to format them into the thread); The CharacterMovement is the basic movement, CharacterStats sets the character health (eventually death as well), Footsteps controls the footstep sound on mesh or terrain and RagdollManager controls the ragdoll function.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated as well as any links to previous answers in the forum or elsewhere!

Attached Files:

2. nepeta70

nepeta70

I had the same problem, my footstep sounds stopped working after I created the ragdoll. But if I disable the ragdoll script it still doesn't work. My steps now detect collision with the hips and nothing else. For looting weapons and other objects I solved the problem adding a Collider trigger at the height of my player's feet, but it doesn't solve the footstep issue. Did you solve it now?