Search Unity

no eCPM

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by alexr1221, Apr 29, 2016.

1. alexr1221

alexr1221

Hi! I recently published my game on the PlayStore and I have some problems with unity Ads. I have now over 200 completed videos but on my dashboard, the eCPM is not moving from 0.00$. I know we have to reach 5000 impressions to get paid but I saw that many had the ecpm values before the 5000 impressions. Could I get some help?
    thank you

link of the game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forplayers.Soccar

2. FritzH

FritzH

Developer Relations

Basically, we recommend that you not panic over eCPM until you've passed 5000 views.

The '5000 impression' estimate is how long it takes our servers to calculate your user quality, which determines the value of your impressions.

It's likely that you will generate revenue from clicks and installs before you reach 5000 views, but you may find that your eCPM is lower than other developers because many views have not finished monetizing at that point.

Once you reach 5000 views, we have a number of tools and strategies to make sure your monetization is consistent and competative.

3. alexr1221

alexr1221

Thank you very much for your answer, but I can assure you that I will not be serene until this "0.00" will not disappear. All the ads are completed and "Soomla" indicated me that some people had clicked on ads. In fact I'm a little "scared" because during the tests of ads implementation, I forgot to click on "test mode" (but I was in dev build). I saw later that "Doing so will put you at risk of being banned from the Unity Ads network for attempted fraud.". I just hope I'm not concerned.

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

You should be okay. You can test your ads with Test Mode disabled. However, you want to be careful not to click on ads in your own game. If you want to test this functionality, you'll need to make sure Test Mode is enabled first.

The best way to approach testing for developers is to add your personal devices as test devices, so that they will only receive test ads, regardless of how test mode is configured. This way you can still test ads in your game even after release. To add your device to test devices, you'll need to lookup your current advertising ID for each device.

To add test devices, log into the Unity Ads dashboard and select the Test Devices tab to begin.

Finding the Google Advertising ID (GAID) on Android devices:
    1. Open the Settings app for your device.
    2. Select Google under Personal to view settings.
    3. Select Ads under Services to view your advertising ID.
    Finding the Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) on iOS devices:
    1. Download and install The Identifiers app.
    2. Use the ID found under Advertising Identifier.
    If you need to, you can further manage test mode under the Settings tab for each platform enabled in your project.
    1. Select a project from your list of projects in the dashboard.
    2. Select a platform available under your project.
    3. Select the Settings tab.
    4. Select override client test mode to toggle the server side override option.
    5. Select whether you want to force test mode ON or OFF for all devices (does not apply to test devices).
    6. Select Save to save your changes.

5. alexr1221

alexr1221

I done it 1 or 2 times just in order to see if all was working perfectly fine. Thanks to you too for this well explained answer! I hope I'll not come here again in 2 weeks saying that I have still this "problem". Thanks again for the professionnal support

unity-nikkolai likes this.