Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No development environment?

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by NALStudio, Feb 7, 2021.

1. NALStudio

NALStudio

I don't know if I have done something stupid, but my project doesn't have a development environment... This would be otherwise fine, but I need to test some stuff privately and I can't use any other environment than that to test it in the editor. I cannot make a new development environment since it doesn't allow me to make one.

Something weird I found was that my Unity Editor is currently just downloading the config from the default environment set in the dashboard.

Attached Files:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I'm not clear what you are showing in the screenshot. Please show your Remote Config Editor settings from the Unity editor. Ensure you are using Remote Config and not Remote Settings.

3. at_

at_

We're experiencing this too but assumed it was by (unfortunate) design.

In 2.x versions, development is a reserved environment name and has been documented as such but it seems unreasonable that the built-in development environment cannot be accessed at all.

If I'm reading the documentation right, downgrading to version 1.0 would provide legacy access to the development environment and this would persist even if upgrading back to 2.x versions?

Might be worth a try but this also seems like an unnecessary hoop to jump through.

4. NALStudio

NALStudio

Yes I am using Remote Config... (Version 1.4.0) I just can't make a development environment to test my application.
    upload_2021-2-8_16-9-3.png upload_2021-2-8_16-9-20.png

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Just use a different name? Also, I might recommend upgrading to 2.0.1

6. at_

at_

If using a different name, the environment won't be linked to development mode builds in any way, correct?

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

8. at_

at_

We are using the newest version of Remote Config (2.0.1). What I meant to confirm is that toggling the Development Build button in build settings does not automatically toggle to any specific Remote Config environment in versions past 1.0.
    If so, I don't understand why accessing the (apparently always existing) Development environment requires downgrading to 1.0.x before upgrading back to 2.0.1 again.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Don't downgrade https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.remote-config@2.0/manual/Environments.html

10. Damast

Damast

Is there any way to access the Development environment without downgrading?
    Can I link another environment to the "Development Build" button in the Build settings?

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What is your issue?

12. tagh

tagh

Unity Technologies