Search Unity

Question no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by LaserRock, Nov 20, 2021.

1. LaserRock

LaserRock

2. croquer

croquer

Unity Technologies

3. unisip

unisip

I have the same issue. I am using Unity 2019.4.31 with VersionControl package 1.14.4
    I don't even see a Plastic Server service on my machine. Do I need to install something ?

4. LaserRock

LaserRock

5. unisip

unisip

@LaserRock thanks! That was the missing part. I really think Unity needs to do an on boarding video for plastic. It's all fairly simple but it's just a waste of time to have to figure out how to get started, and the getting started page just says you don't have to install anything as long as you have the proper unity version, which is incorrect.

Cubixrube likes this.
  6. croquer

croquer

Unity Technologies

@unisip thanks for your feedback. I'll share it with the team.

And, I want to share we are already working to publish the documentation. We are sorry for not to have it earlier.

7. johanepic

johanepic

This error is occurring because there is no server listening at the hostname and port you assigned. It literally means that the machine exists but that it has no services listening on the specified port . So, no connection can be established. Generally, it happens that something is preventing a connection to the port or hostname. Either there is a firewall blocking the connection or the process that is hosting the service is not listening on that specific port. This may be because it is not running at all or because it is listening on a different port.

8. joostbos

joostbos

I get this message while I'm using a public wifi network. I can understad that ports are blocked on public wifi networks, but the problem is that the editor freezes and I can not work at all. That's not acceptable. I also tried switching off wifi completely, but that has the same result, editor freezes.

I am using Unity 2019.4.39

9. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

What is your version control plugin version? I should be fixed in the last version.

10. joostbos

joostbos

How can I check/update this? The editor freezes, so I can't open the package manager.

i checked another project for the same editor version and found that it had 1.14.16 and I upgraded that to 1.14.18. I was hoping this would fix it for all projects using this editor version, but it does not.

11. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

You need to install 1.17.0. What is your Unity version?

12. joostbos

joostbos

13. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Could you help if this helps?

You can manually add our latest package (1.17.1) through the package manager menu:

14. joostbos

joostbos

Can I do that in another project that die not use version control with the same editor version? Cause my version controlled project freezes the editor.

15. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Yes I think so. So you cannot even temporarily disable the version control package to avoid the freeze? :$

16. joostbos

joostbos

How would I temporarily disable a package?. From the hub? Before opening the project?

In the package manager in the other project I don't see the option to add a package by name, only the first 3 from your screenshot.

I give up for now. I'll try to fix this after the weekend when I get home.

17. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

18. joostbos

joostbos

Thanks. Removing the package from the json file and then reinstalling it seems to have solved the issue. I did not see 1.17.1 in the list of packages, so I installed 1.14.18

19. carlislejonah

carlislejonah

Just replying my solution in case someone else had my same issue.

I had this same error of Target Machine actively refusing despite having everything installed and already having several other working PlasticSCM workspaces.

What fixed it for me was I had to add it here from the Plastic SCM App. It wouldn't work inside Unity itself. From here it worked correctly though:
    upload_2023-12-10_17-33-29.png